Business Development / Sales InternReliance capital Limited
Strategic Partnerships InternFeeding Children Everywhere
Website Developer InternUB International, LLC
Development InternEsperanca, Inc.
Front-End Developer Intern at Tech Startup in New York CityEverlasting Footprint
Development FellowWestport Country Playhouse
Development Intern (Unpaid)The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Intern ProgrammerPhoenix Group Metals
Year Up Development InternshipBookmark This
40 Fountain Street, 7th Floor
Posted: August 18 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Year Up Providence seeks an organized, process oriented, results driven individual who will support the activities of the Development Team. Reporting to the Director of Development, and working closely with the team, the Development Intern will play a critical role ensuring that the development office operates smoothly through leading data management and logistics support of all fundraising, communication, volunteer, and event activities.
The ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively on a number of projects, supporting all administrative office functions including research, scheduling, gift processing, acknowledgements, database maintenance, pipeline management, and event support. This person will have direct ownership of the integrity and accuracy of the CRM database.
This opportunity is a chance to support a growing development department as Year Up Providence serves twice as many young adults in Rhode Island. In keeping with Year Up’s values, the Development Intern will also connect with students as an advisor, group facilitator, and advocate.
• Update donor database and pipelines in Saleforce.com and internal development team records in YUgene portal; support grants reporting
• Track all data to help cultivate, manage, and steward relationships with all donors and prospects including individual and institutional funders; record activities of Director of Development and department
• Ensure timely donor acknowledgement and gift processing; run and present development reports
• Liaise with operations and finance departments to support development operations
• Conduct and prepare institutional and individual donor research
Event and Communications Support
• Track runs of show, event plans, and RSVPs
• Coordinate event logistics including vendor management, scheduling, and troubleshooting
• Assist with the preparation of high-quality donor correspondence, proposals, grants, reports, mailings, and acknowledgements required to support ongoing fundraising activities
• Provide direct support of communications activities, including support with website and photo management
• Provide exceptional administrative support of development team functions
• Manage volunteer pipeline, scheduling, reception, and acknowledgement of guests with support of the team
• Maintain database of volunteer opportunities, specifically mentors and guest speakers, tracking all activities within Salesforce.com and cataloguing bios
• Create materials and communication for volunteers including trainings and newsletters
• Collaborate with other departments to support volunteer events and engage in volunteer activities
• Recruit and support department interns
Team/ Learning Community Member
• Assist Development Team in other development work that will help meet department goals and benchmarks
• Serve as an advisor for a small number of current students