WEB DEVELOPMENT & DESIGN INTERNFarotech
Development CoordinatorArt of Freedom
Development InternThe Black Institute
Social Media & Community Management InternLife On Top
Volunteer InternHope Family Resources
Volunteer InternHouse Of Hope International
Spring Membership and Programs Intern for the National Foundation for Women LegislatorsNational Foundation for Women Legislators
Business Development - Work from Home, School or anywhere in the world! Full/Part-time!Connect With Training
Zappos Mobile Front End Development College Intern - Summer 2015Bookmark This
400 E. Stewart Avenue
Las Vegas, NV
Posted: January 19 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionZappos.com, Inc. is looking for a Mobile Web Front End Development College Intern!
Why join us?
Our unique culture has made Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries one of FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For six years straight. Find out why: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies
Pursue growth and learning is one of our core values, and there will be no shortage of growth or learning in this nine week summer internship! You’ll get hands-on experience in a team-oriented environment and have some fun along the way.
Summer interns may qualify for corporate housing assistance, free food and drinks on our campus, social events throughout the internship, and a 40 percent off discount on zappos.com!
Who are we?
The mobile web team at Zappos is responsible for maintaining and improving the shopping experience for mobile customers using a phone web browser, delivering an optimized experience for a growing platform. We complement and provide an alternative to our highly rated native application experiences for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire to create rich experiences that make shopping on the mobile web easy, intuitive and enjoyable. Our work includes analyzing user studies and working with our analytics team to understand what works and what needs to be improved, utilizing split testing to try out new ideas, and endlessly seeking performance gains to make a fast, fluid experience regardless of the customer's connection speed!
Team fun fact:
The mobile web team grew up in Europe and South America. Rumors that we are attempting to have a representative from each of the seven continents are false.
Zappos.com, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.
ResponsibilitiesWhat will you do?
In this position, you’ll be challenged to grow professionally by creating pixel perfect features that work well on everything from a 3.5” phone to a 10” tablet. You will learn about the entire workflow of creating a mobile optimized web site professionally, from design, brainstorming and split testing through deployment and bug fixing.
• You'll design and brainstorm new features!
• You'll code more than anything else!
• You'll test!
• You'll do it all from sunny Las Vegas, NV and make the mobile web better!
RequirementsAre you a match?
• Computer science or related major preferred, or if you have a passion for web development and a love of all things mobile we’re ok with that too!
• Able to finish tasks without direct supervision
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
• Detail oriented and organized
• Being comfortable on the command line is a plus.
• Normal working business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Must be willing to relocate to Las Vegas, NV for the summer of 2015 (did we mention we have some sweet housing lined up?!)