Are you a leader? Business / Economics Intern WANTED -Bookmark This
Massachuetts Survivors Unite
DescriptionM.A.S.O. is an organization providing healing services and holistic care for victims of domestic abuse as well as advocate for families in family courts and for change in current state laws. Through legal and medical research as well as advocacy, we aim to change the environment that abuse is not tolerated and children and victims need protection. And Victims can actually heal and severe the cords associated with abuse.
Business Interns will help find corporate sponsors, create a business plan, be in charge of fundraising efforts and help establish and maintain a non-profit status for the organization. This is ideal for someone who wants a leadership position and strong desire to create change while helping a great organization.
ResponsibilitiesAll interns will be expected to
• Know how to compile data and research for case studies
• computer and research skills a must
• ability to simplify complicated information and data
• analyze data
• Understand cost-reduction principles and how to implement goals
• Possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategy
• Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
• Able to coordinate with others as well as be able to work independently
• Be flexible
• Passionate about the work you do and about helping the victims we serve.
• understanding and working with trauma victims
• Confidentiality a MUST.
Please send resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com to be considered for this position.
RequirementsBusiness and/or Economics interns will become intimately familiar with the current case load as well as researching and observing trials to become aware of new cases.
All interns will be expected to:
• Analyze and research existing cases.
• GREAT RESEARCH AND WRITING ABILITY
• Ability to time manage self and complete projects by due date
• People skills and ability to work independently
• Develop a business plan for MASO and work towards implementing that plan.
• Solicit corporate and private sponsors for the organization as a base for funding
• Assist in establishing M.A.S.O. as a Non-Profit
• Be familiar with the work and goals of MASO and improve on the language of the mission statement for the organization.
• Coordinate and strategize fundraising efforts for the organization.
• Assist in Branding
• Assist other interns with Compiling stats and figures for research
• Present descriptive stats including visuals such as graphs, charts, histograms.
• Working with other interns to see if correlations and/or relationships exist between certain variables.