Intern for Monmouth County Political CampaignsMonmouth County Democrats
Business Development / Sales InternRhode Island Black Business Association
Web Based Business & Economics Newspaper Interneconintersect LLC
Learn RESALE while supporting green economics www.big-medicine.orgGreen Element Resale
Economic Development InternshipFleck Consulting, Inc.
Internship (Finance and Economics) - Henderson, NV JobBookmark This
DescriptionJob ID: 20131209-7851
Scottrade, Inc. has a Branch Intern position available in Henderson, NV. The main purpose of this position is to assist branches with daily operations while gaining valuable work experience in the brokerage industry.
* Listen to and shadow brokers in the office to see how they conduct business with clients.
* Act as a representative of Scottrade to clients that come directly to the branch for assistance.
* Become familiar with different departments and their functions.
* Provide technical support for clients accessing Scottrade's trading platforms.
* Utilize quote system to communicate information regarding stocks to clients.
* Process stock certificates and deposits, prepare paperwork for overnight delivery to Saint Louis, and process branch mail.
* Understand and be able to communicate different types of client accounts.
* Navigate through the internal systems and become familiar with their uses.
* Complete internal training program through Scottrade University.
* Participate in team building activities within the branch.
* Become proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to work an average of 15-30 hours per week and no more than 8 hours per day.
* Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and attend classes at a local University with interests in business and the stock market.
* Have completed 50-70 hours of required coursework and have a balance of no fewer than 48 hours remaining towards their Bachelor’s Degree (1-2 years of college remaining).
* Performing within the college’s acceptable GPA level.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.
Languages English – Spoken, English – Written
Location NV - Henderson