Private Equity Summer Intern AssociateKamylon Capital, LLC
Spring /Summer Interns! Fundraiser for Community Equitable Change & Social Justice Today!Our Community is Our Land
Internship for Students Interested In Business, Politics, Journalism, Entertainment or Media ArtsUnderground Network
Human Resources InternCompany
Real estate Company looking for interns now - all majors welcomeReal Estate
Executive Intern Needed for Natural Foods StartupFruitera
Sustainable Cities Engineering Internhttp://thecorr.org/index.php
Project Research InternBookmark This
San Francisco Center for Economic Development (SFCED)
235 Montgomery Street, Suite 760
San Francisco, CA
Posted: November 23 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionABOUT THE SFCED
Located in the center of downtown San Francisco, the SFCED works to attract and retain business in San Francisco and the Bay Area. We are a service-intensive non-profit organization aiding businesses in their strategy and location decisions by providing key information and contacts and helping them navigate governmental organizations and incentives.
We work collaboratively with community partner organizations, industry groups and the Mayor’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development (MOEWD) to ensure businesses have a positive experience and succeed in one of the most dynamic, innovative and technologically advanced cities in the world. To learn more, visit www.sfced.org.
Every year we work with a number of interns from colleges and universities in the area, usually for a minimum of 12 weeks. Interns perform a number of activities including analysis and project assignments depending on their interest, including client meetings.
Our goal is to provide interns with an opportunity to experience San Francisco up close. Interns gain practical work experience, contribute to reports, case studies, and presentations on economic development issues and trends, and receive a rare and invaluable education about the San Francisco business sector with plentiful opportunities to attend networking events and meetings.
WHY WORK WITH THE SFCED?
Expand Your Professional Network The SFCED offers the opportunity to build meaningful relationships during your internship. These might assist you in your search for future jobs in the industry and enable you to connect with professional associations.
Opportunity to Attend Informative Seminars and Events Organized by the Chamber of Commerce and Other Resources All chamber events are free for the SFCED Interns depending on availability and the Intern’s schedule.
Get Real World Experience Interns get to work on interesting projects and gain practical work experience by contributing to reports, case studies, and presentations on economic development issues and trends. In return they receive a rare and invaluable education about various San Francisco business sectors like Technology and Biotech with plentiful opportunities to network and meet business representatives of companies doing business in the City.
Interested candidates should apply by email with cover letter, resume and contact information for a minimum of two references to Dennis Conaghan at email@example.com.
• Work on special projects as assigned that contribute to the economic development efforts of the SFCED
• Update data statistics on SFCED website
• Research, write and prepare San Francisco and regional reports
• Support Executive Director in communication and administration tasks
• Be available to research and answer public inquiries
• Become familiar with local and international news sources (Examiner, Chronicle, SF Business Times, etc.) and other national news outlets to develop awareness of local & national economic, political and business news and its impact on the local economy
• Additional focus includes the sectors that the SFCED targets: Cleantech, Life Science/Biotech, Digital Media/Technology, Professional Services and International Business
• Support the planning of special events and programs
Requirements• Excellent writing and organizational skills
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word and Excel; PowerPoint a plus
• Familiarity with research and reporting methods
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Flexibility and desire to work on varying projects
• General knowledge of economic development programs and issues
• Ability to work independently and a willingness to work in a team environment
• Interest in the Bay Area media, business and community landscape
• Flexible schedule that will allow (on a part time basis) participation at the SFCED a minimum of three days per week
SkillsRequired - Statistical Data Analysis, Report Writing Skills, Research and Analysis, Economic Analysis
Preferred - PowerPoint skills