BCBA or BCaBA internshipWest Contra Cost Unified School District
Assistant, Continuing Education - Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS)American Library Association
Creative Education Company Seeks Administrative InternIndividual U
Social Media & Community Management InternHstry
Developer of a Creative Curriculum to teach Life SkillsCompass Lifeskills
Assistant TeacherBookmark This
Garden of Knowledge Day Care & Learning Center
1657 Nostrand Ave
DescriptionGarden of Knowledge Day Care & Learning Center exists to provide a safe, developmentally appropriate environment for toddler, preschool, and school age children. Our goal is to support each child’s desire to be life-long learners, focusing to provide a high quality stimulating early care and educational experience which promotes each child’s social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
ResponsibilitiesPlanning and Preparation
• Assist Lead Teacher with planning and developing age appropriate activities for lesson plans
• Assist with facilitating instructional activities and monitor student participation.
• Prepare materials, supplies, and equipment for all instructional activities.
• Utilize proper time management to prepare activities and lesson plans.
The Classroom Environment
• Frequently monitor student behavior during all instructional activities throughout the day.
• Interact positively, effectively, and appropriately with students – at all times.
• Show enthusiasm for curriculum content and conveys the importance of that content by encouraging students to demonstrate pride and quality in their work.
• Maintain stimulating learning environment by displaying correlated bulletin boards and/or student work.
• Use spoken/written language and vocabulary which are clear and age appropriate.
• Use a variety of instructional strategies to meet the needs of a variety of learners.
• Provide timely feedback which is of consistently high quality and specific to each student as well as other work products (i.e.: stickers) to check student progress.
• Make transitions between lessons and instructional activities efficiently and smoothly.
• Must LOVE children, be friendly, easy-going, flexible, patient, and creative/a problem solver.
• Must respect diversity and be open to multicultural environment.
• Must be able to take constructive criticism & be willing to improve habits if necessary
• Must show initiative – interact with the children without having to be asked, etc.
• Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness by adjusting to day care, cooperative, or student changes.
Students who participate in this internship must exhibit professionalism and will be a role model for other interns, students, and professionals. In addition, they must maintain an appropriate dress and appearance, attendance and timeliness, as well as exceptional professionalism, adhering to established policies.