Camp Program StaffBookmark This
Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center
2 Irvine Park Road
DescriptionThe OEC is a $33 million, state-of-the-art facility located on 210 acres in Orange County, California, owned and operated by the OCBSA. We serve 20,000 - 30,000 visitors every year with the greatest percentage being Science Camp students (4th - 6th graders) here for a week long program. Our academic team maintains the highest quality of experiential learning for the students we serve, and our program staff assist with everything from the hands-on teaching environment to the many recreational activities offered here; (ZipLines, High & Low Ropes courses, Archery, Campfire Programs, Swimming in the Junior Olympic Pool with 140' Waterslide, etc ...). Our science discipline immersion areas consist of Physical, Earth and Life Sciences with development begun on a Native American Village, an Archaeological Dig site, Moon-City with Robotics and more.
• Oversee campers/guests during programs
• Work with youth in educational activities
• Supervise youth (Grades 4-8) in both overnight and day sessions
• Help implement daily activities and lesson plans
• Lead program activities such as hikes, challenge courses, shooting sports, aquatics, team building, and arts and crafts
• Be willing to work with other organizational positions to better the program
RequirementsIf you enjoy working with children then this is a great opportunity for you. Our campus is a wonderful extension of a working classroom. We are looking for people who are interested in education, recreation, youth development or related field. Someone with residential sleep-over camp staff experience and quality references.
Must have thorough knowledge and experience working with children
Must pass a background check
Must have current certification in CPR and First Aid
Must posses the ability to relate and communicate with people of all ages, cultures and abilities.