Marketing/Communications FellowshipBK International Education Consultancy
ESL Volunteer TutorSouth-East Asia Center
Fashion Assistant Teacher/Sewing Room Assistant (Paid Intern)The Koffa Design Group
Need Statistics Tutor ASAP. PAID CASH DAILY!!!TBA
Intern - World Language (Spanish) (32810)McGraw-Hill Education
Childcare WorkerBookmark This
Union United Methodist Church
126-22 150th Street
South Ozone Park, NY
DescriptionUnion United Methodist Church is located 126-22 150th Street, South Ozone Park, NY 11436. Our non-profit church acts as a resource to the community by providing religious support and services, information to schools, civic organizations, faith groups, local businesses and other interested groups. Union United Methodist Church is involved in community outreach and programs, and health fairs. The Jeremiah House Child Daycare and Aftercare program is one of the many projects provided to the community by Union United Methodist Church. The Child Care Worker internship will provide students studying education , early childhood education and who have experience volunteering with youth rewarding opportunity to work with the youth of our community.
Responsibilities1. Provide care and supervision of youth in all aspects including hygiene, meals, peer and adult relationships, education and homework, play and activities, by providing guidance and appropriate role modeling;
2. Implements the house program;
3. Completes meal preparation, food storage and handling, sanitation and related record
keeping as required by Child Nutrition Services;
4. Keeping hygiene and cleanliness standards of the home
5. Complete daily logging of observations and related record keeping;
6. Interacting with school personnel and community people, establishing good public relations
in and out of the house;
7. Planning, scheduling and involvement in house activities and group functions; and,
8. Other duties as assigned from time to tim
RequirementsGood moral character, reliable, mature and conscientious;
2. 3 months experience with children in a residential care setting or related experience in foster
care, day care, special education, counseling or camp counselor (must be verifiable); and 30
units of post High School semester credits (verifiable by transcript).
3. Able to communicate in English verbally and in writing;
4. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk’ sit’ use hands, handle or feel; reach with
hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The intern is
occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently list and/or move
up to 30 pounds; and manage the weight of a child which is equal to 50% of your weight..
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral visions
and depth perception.
5. Able to exhibit good staff relationships, teamwork, ethics and practice of interpersonal
6. Tuberculosis, health and fingerprint clearances. Prior clearances within a year of
employment are acceptable for TB and health.
7. Prerequisite. Standard First Aid certification, which is good for 3 years. (CPR is optional)