Executive Assistant at The Relationship FoundationThe Relationship Foundation
((( FALL 2016 INTERNSHIP ))) - WIN - "Writing Is Necessary" Project AssistantNext Level Publishing
Reach Top Education - Student Ambassador Internship ProgramReach Top Education
Virtual Office Intern to FounderThe Learning Hub
After School Program Tutor for Middle SchoolChildren Soaring 4 The Future
After School Program teacher for Middle SchoolChildren Soaring 4 The Future
HR TrainerJulie Braun Co.
Compliance OfficerApproach International Student Center Inc.
Content InternBookmark This
242 West 30th Street #404
New York, NY
Posted: December 05 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWHO WE ARE
OKpanda is a venture funded company supported by some of the top firms in the world to achieve the goal of bringing quality English education to as many people as possible. We have already taught over 1 Million people English and we are looking for brilliant interns who want to build their skills and be part of an amazing company that teaches English in new and innovative ways. This is a huge opportunity for whomever has a passion for teaching, excellent English skills, an interest in personal growth with a New York based cutting-edge company.
- OKpanda’s content interns will produce English lessons for adult Japanese learners, which will be presented in our mobile learning app
- These lessons teach functional and practical English, which are presented through conversations set in a variety of situations and contexts.
- After listening to each conversation, learners will answer comprehension questions that highlight grammar and vocabulary usage.
- Provide timely feedback and corrections during the conversations
- Work closely with our internal team to produce high quality content
- Work alongside experienced teachers with credentials from Harvard University, NYU and other top American colleges
Responsibilities- Write short, creative and authentic conversations using OKpanda’s template and style guide
- Create 2-3 comprehension questions and supply correct answers along with distractors
- Work with teachers to improve their lessons and your lessons
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English
- Extensive knowledge of the various registers/styles of spoken English (formal, informal, colloquial, etc)
- Ability to modify and grade language according to various proficiency levels
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be reliable and have excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working in the cloud
- ESL/EFL teaching experience and credentials
- Experience learning a second language
- Previous writing/editing experience
WHO YOU ARE
- Creative and versatile
- Lover of words and language
- Can work under tight deadlines
- Perfectionist - somebody who doesn’t stop until it’s done right
- A natural storyteller
- Great attention to detail
- Goal oriented and ambitious
- Lover of all things digital and mobile
- Wants to change the way the world learns languages