Teach Adult English in the Garden City of Suzhou, ChinaLiangban ESL
Behavior TechnicianGateway Learning Group
Tutors, Recreation Assistants and Mentors in Atlanta Public Charter SchoolArtportunity Knocks
Assistant in Behavioral Curriculum DevelopmentBest Minds Assoiates
Project & Curriculum Development InternshipBesser Education
Development InternBookmark This
4000 Alton Road
Miami Beach, FL
DescriptionTalmudic University is a pre-eminent institution of Jewish education, widely recognized for its community-building and leadership-development in the heart of Miami Beach, Florida.
As an intern you will be helping the four core teams of the Development Department—events, foundations, membership and major donors. Each team is run by talented, energetic and lively individuals.
These internship positions will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, events planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation, strategic planning.
Each intern will be encouraged to take a leadership role in spearheading their own project within the objectives of the development department, depending on one's experience and hours of availability.
• Research new foundations to apply for funding
• Help with copy editing of proposals and report
• Help in writing minor proposals and reports
• Research and develop events in new fundraising markets
• Research event venues and caterers, and help to get quotes
• Depending on availability, provide assistant at key high profile events
• Depending on experience, help design invitations and event promotion
Membership / Major Donors:
• Help in researching potential donors
• Help in conducting in depth researching into new fundraising markets
• Provide support in sending mailings and invitations. Help provide current donors and members with information requests
• Help with maintaining database records
• Each internship position will also have its share of "busy" work including envelope stuffing and administrative duties like file cleaning and data entry
RequirementsEach intern will be expected to work 15–30 hours per week (this is flexible), sometime between the hours of 9:30 am–5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, located on Alton Road in the heart of Miami Beach.
We are seeking motivated and responsible college students or young professionals looking to gain experience working with a nonprofit. Prior interning experience is not a requirement, but we do require you to have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn. A potential intern should be comfortable working independently but also working with a team and a supervisor.