Discovery Education InternshipPhipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Inc.
Grant Writer InternshipThe Kennedy Center
Curriculum Development InternshipThe Kennedy Center
Computer Assistant/Ipad Specialist InternshipThe Kennedy Center
Adaptive Technology Specialist InternshipThe Kennedy Center
Education InternBookmark This
Capital District Community Gardens
40 River Street
DescriptionAbout Capital District Community Gardens
For more than 35 years, Capital District Community Gardens (CDCG) has worked to reduce the impact poor nutrition has had on public health in the Capital Region by organizing urban community gardens, offering healthy food access, providing nutritional and horticultural education for all ages, and coordinating urban greening programs.
Education Intern (Year round; hours vary with seasons)
• Assist with phone calls to elementary schools to generate interest and schedule Taste Good Sessions
• Assist with the preparation and implementation of the Taste Good Series
• Develop and update content for Garden Fact Sheet Library
• Provide support in Summer Months during scheduled Garden Hours
• Assist with program database input
• Develop content for weekly blog posts
• Ideal candidates have an interest in working in the areas of gardening, community health, early childhood, food or environmental education.
• Year round
• 4-6 hours a week during the Winter/Fall Months (October – March)
• 8-10 hours a week during the Summer Months (April – September)
• Unpaid, college credit may be available
Interns will have the opportunity to pursue related interests and special projects toward fulfillment of the program. Spring, summer and fall internships are available.
Please send resume and cover letter to Laura Matturro, Garden Educator, at email@example.com with the subject line “Education Intern”
• Excellent communication, writing, editing, research and organizational skills
• Interest and enthusiasm in garden and food education ranging from children to adults
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
• Flexible schedule
• Reliable transportation (carpooling when possible)