Education Management InternBookmark This
Veteran Resource Network
DescriptionThe Veteran Resource Network is a 501(c)3 non-profit Veterans Service Organization. We have several programs including the Troops 2 Truckers (www.troops2truckers.net), AdventureVets (www.adventurevets.com), Big River Expedition (www.bigriverexpedition.com) and others. We are in great need of a talented education management intern to assist in developing and executing the new Veterans Entrepreneurial Program for our organization..
Responsibilities- Assist the team by developing the new Veterans Entrepreneurial Program.
- Contract the teaching talent
- Coordinate the distance education and on-site education technologies
- Develop relationships with corporations and education institutions that may benefit from direct participation in the program.
- Participate in on-line or in-person talent interviews
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality
Requirements- Be comfortable and authoritative speaking with decision makers on the phone
- Be able to handle contracting with vendors for the program
- Be committed to the purpose of preparing veterans to open and run their own businesses
- Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be an intermediate user of MS office products like Word, Excel, etc.
- Be comfortable working via Skype teleconferencing
- Have worked in an office of some type before
- Be very proficient with using the Internet
- Have a love for the US Military Veterans