Field Education AmeriCorps InternshipTeton Science Schools
Arts Education InternSweetwater Center for the Arts
Looking for a dedicated intern to help with my daycare (Yaya's Precious Angels Childcare)Yaya's Precious Angels Childcare
Classroom Instructor- TeensBaron Education
Remote Mentorship ($40-$80 per Hour)Educatrium
Educational Case ManagerBookmark This
Bridging the Gap Community Center
3916 Old Lexington Rd.
DescriptionThe Bridging the Gap Community Center for the Bridge Project is seeking Interns for the Bridge Project. The Bridge Project mission is to support under-served middle school age children through athletic, educational and enrichment programs to help them achieve academic success, develop the personal skills and traits necessary to reach their goals and grow as individuals of sound character and reputation.
The Bridging the Gap Community Center is a small grass root and community focused, but successful non-profit looking to expand its mission and services. To do this, Bridge Project is seeking qualified individuals for various internship positions. Because of its structure (with people working remotely from all over the US), BTGCC is looking for independently-driven, but team-oriented individuals who are able to be proactive without direct supervision and with the ability to manage multiple tasks well.
In addition, individuals working as interns for BTGCC should be familiar with and committed to upholding and promoting the Bridge Project’s mission of supporting under-served middle school age children through athletic, educational and enrichment programs.
There are currently five internships available, all of which are unpaid positions. If your school provides internship credit, we are happy to provide assistance securing it. While start and end dates are negotiable for these internships, the Bridge Project is especially interested in candidates who are able to work with our organization for several months (ideally a semester minimum) and those who are willing to work independently with direction as needed (after being trained on the Bridge Project organizational structure).We want someone who is: fun, flexible, creative, a self-starter, and a team player!!!
The internship is ideal for at least an associate's degree with 2 years of professional experience, junior professionals with bachelors and students seeking masters or PhDs whose background or experience, degree and majors include Agriculture & Earth care; Environmental Studies & Science; Public Health and Nutrition: Social Work; Mass Communication & Journalism; Business Communications, English, Math, Middle School Education, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, and/or related areas.
Please read the description of the listed position and its requirements below. Submit your resume and cover letter to: Kenneth@wholemanministries.com For questions or concerns, please send them to the email listed, or contact us at (336) 602-3819. All current internships with Bridging the Gap Community Center are unfortunately unpaid positions.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
• Gather data from each student’s parent via a parent questionnaire to assess the home environment and make periodic checks with the home
• Communicate weekly with each student’s math and language arts teachers via email to assess academic strengths and weaknesses, in addition to determining the current topics which are covered in class
• Make three annual visits to the student’s school to review academic records, report cards, and standardized test scores
• Prepare and provide to the Educational Coordinator weekly lesson plans for each student which focus on improving basic skills, reviewing and reinforcing current topics at school, and providing review for standardized testing
• Provide measurable pre-assessment and assessment of material taught. This may be obtained through written testing at the Center, questioning of tutors, teachers, parents, and school tests and/or report cards, project assessment, or other formal or informal assessment
• Communicate with the Educational Coordinator regarding students’ weekly progress at the Center
• Meet weekly with the student at the Center
• Provide the Educational Coordinator with a monthly written report showing topics taught and progress made
The ideal candidate will have an interest in literacy issues, education or nonprofit work. All majors are encouraged to apply. Our interns have excellent written and in-person communication skills; basic computer and social media experience, and are reliable, flexible, creative, energetic and able to work independently. Your own transportation is very helpful but not an absolute requirement.
RequirementsThe internship is ideal for junior professionals with bachelors and students seeking masters or PhDs whose background or experience, degree and majors include Agriculture & Earth Care; Environmental Studies & Science; Public Health and Nutrition: Social Work; Mass Communication & Journalism; Business Communications, English, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, and/or related areas:
• Students who are pursuing a degree in Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, Communication, Organizational Management, Business, or a related field of study
• Interest in working in the nonprofit or public sector
• Comfort in working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-sufficient and self-motivated, requiring little supervision
• A passion for supporting local, community and Educational systems and social justice for rights academic success and achievement
• A team player who is able to take instruction from upper management and staff, while working independently with other interns and volunteers.
• A self-starter who can takes initiative with little to no direction
• A resourceful specialist with excellent time management
• A quick learner with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment
• Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to foster lasting community relationships
• Experience working with children, preferably in a teaching or tutoring capacity