Spring 2015: Early Childhood Education Administration InternshipLouisiana Recovery School District
Spring 2015: Truancy Center Internship (Youth Opportunity Center)Louisiana Recovery School District
Spring 2015: Specialized Supports and Services InternshipLouisiana Recovery School District
Fine Arts Teachers for Arts Culture CampArtistic Education Company, LLC
Join Our Amazing Teaching Internship Programme in Shanghai, ChinaShanghai Meiji Culture Communications Co,, Ltd
Educational & GED Instruction for Youth 16-22 years oldBookmark This
1958 Fulton Street
DescriptionAbout Graham Windham
In full partnership with families & communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference to children, youth and families affected by abuse, neglect and delinquency by providing each child we serve with a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and in the world. With over 600 full-time employees serving children and families in multiple programs throughout Westchester County, Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, Graham Windham provides an exciting & enriching work experience.
About the Program
Support Lead Achieve Model (SLAM). Program for youth between the ages of 16 and 22 who are court involved and in child welfare. The SLAM program helps the youth obtain their GED .
To apply: visit https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8704851
• Provide 10-20 hours per week tutorial services to individual students as well as groups of students.
• Provide GED classroom instruction in all subject areas in the absence of the regular teacher.
• Promote a positive attitude and enthusiasm for education.
• Uphold and enforce all rules and standards of the Code of Conduct.
• Provide tutorial services for High School Regents Exams, and Basic Education courses for youth below an 8th grade reading level.
• Prepare lesson plans that reflect a logical sequence of learning objectives and activities and meet the individual needs, interest, and abilities of the student.
• Monitor and assess student progress and adjust student instruction accordingly.
• Keep accurate records and provide them for program use.
• Experience providing tutorial services to young adults
• Strong content and subject-matter knowledge
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to work with groups