Instructor Assistant/MentorKumon of Woodbridge
Education InternMartha's Vineyard Museum
Gather first international teaching experience and learn Chinese for free as Language VolunteerStar Exchange
Gather first international teaching experience as Teaching Intern in ChinaStar Exchange
Learn Chinese for free as Au Pair in ChinaStar Exchange
Educational & GED Instruction for Youth 16-22 years oldBookmark This
1958 Fulton Street
DescriptionAbout Graham Windham
In full partnership with families & communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference to children, youth and families affected by abuse, neglect and delinquency by providing each child we serve with a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and in the world. With over 600 full-time employees serving children and families in multiple programs throughout Westchester County, Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, Graham Windham provides an exciting & enriching work experience.
About the Program
Support Lead Achieve Model (SLAM). Program for youth between the ages of 16 and 22 who are court involved and in child welfare. The SLAM program helps the youth obtain their GED .
To apply: visit https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8704851
• Provide 10-20 hours per week tutorial services to individual students as well as groups of students.
• Provide GED classroom instruction in all subject areas in the absence of the regular teacher.
• Promote a positive attitude and enthusiasm for education.
• Uphold and enforce all rules and standards of the Code of Conduct.
• Provide tutorial services for High School Regents Exams, and Basic Education courses for youth below an 8th grade reading level.
• Prepare lesson plans that reflect a logical sequence of learning objectives and activities and meet the individual needs, interest, and abilities of the student.
• Monitor and assess student progress and adjust student instruction accordingly.
• Keep accurate records and provide them for program use.
• Experience providing tutorial services to young adults
• Strong content and subject-matter knowledge
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to work with groups