Educational Research InternshipBookmark This
Gillis Educational Consulting, LLC
DescriptionGillis Educational Consulting, LLC is a boutique consulting firm providing an array of services and products. We are currently looking for two bright and creative college students to help us develop our internal research department. As an Educational Research Intern with our company, you will do much to help our internal and external operations and programming. For those interested in gaining real world work experience, developing vital skills in research, and giving back to the community, this internship opportunity may be for you!
This internship is four months in duration. Upon successful completion of the internship a paid position with our company may be offered. All interns across departments receive written recommendations for future schooling or jobs as well as personalized mentorship and guidance from our senior management.
Apply NOW for our 2014 Fall/Winter Internship Program! The internship start date is October 1, 2014. Please be advised that this is an unpaid internship and is virtual in nature.
ResponsibilitiesResearch will be done in the following topics:
1. Early childhood education and development
2. Technology in education
3. Societal factors affecting educational procedures
4. Education disparities among minority populations
5. Educational policy and law
Assignments will involve (but are not limited to):
- Literature searches
- Abstract production
- Conducting and transcribing industry interviews
- Writing blog posts for company website
- Attending educational events in the Washington, D.C. area
RequirementsHow to Apply:
Please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 30, 2014.
- A resume and cover letter
- Three references (these references can be academic and/or professional).
- A writing sample showcasing your written communication skills
Academic and Personal Requirements:
1. Must currently attend an accredited two-year or four-year institution.
2. Must currently have a minimum GPA of 2.8 cumulative (transcripts will be requested).
3. Must have a career interest and true passion for education.
4. Must be able to work independently.
5. Must have drive, ambition and creativity!
All applicants will undergo two phone interviews (1st two rounds) and an in person interview (3rd and final round) which will include an assessment. In the 3rd round of the interview process, you will be required to submit your academic transcript.