Teaching/Technology Intern -- Calling All Designers, Developers, and Producers!Pixel Academy
Administration/Project ManagementBHLD- Behavioral Health & Leadership Dynamics Training Institute
STEM SATURDAY ASSISTANTKids N Technology
HCER Recreation InternHCER
Marketing/Communications FellowshipBK International Education Consultancy
Educational Scout Workshop CoordinatorBookmark This
Stafford County Hartwood Days Festival Committee
DescriptionReporting to the Education & Youth Programs Director, the SWC will Coordinate educational instruction for youth using the Scout badge programs of the Girl Scout, Cub Scout and Boy Scout programs, analyzing requirements and determining their suitability for inclusion in the Hartwood Days Festival Badge Day Workshop offered during the Festival.
Working as the SWC for the festival will leave this intern with a resume that shows their ability to coordinate educational projects for elementary through high-school aged youth, giving real world credentials and experience.
Responsibilities• Position will involve locating and analyzing rarely earned, specialty badges which can be completed on-site at the festival
- for Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, American Heritage Girls, and Cub Scouts
- locating and analyzing specialty badges from Girl Scout “council’s own” programs across the country, if any still exist
- will discern whether the badge could effectively be completed to an 80-85% degree of completion on-site at the festival
• Position will determine which business or organization would make suitable subject matter experts to conduct instruction, and contact them to secure instructors for the workshop.
• Authorized by the board to establish a Sub-Committee, if needed, to execute required tasks.
• Manage Registration process
• Coordinate webpage maintenance
– ensure that new information is posted/updated in a timely fashion
– Ensure that pre-requisites are posted/updated in a timely fashion
RequirementsFor this important Volunteer position we are seeking a student in or close to the Stafford / Fredericksburg VA. area, who has a working knowledge of the process of earning Girl and/or Boy Scout Merit Badges, Cub Scout Beltloops & Pins (to be referred to as ‘badges’ for the remainder of this document), and the process of applying for Merit Badge Counselor through the Boy Scouts of America (BSA).
Must be able to effectively communicate with people both verbally and through writing, and must portray a personable, pleasant demeanor both on the phone and in person, as this position will need to coordinate with official representatives of the BSA, community businesses and organizations, and members of the community. Additionallly:
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
• High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force
• Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including Festival Committee and board members, volunteers, sponsors, donors, program participants, and other supporters
• Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives