Elementary Education InternBookmark This
Optimum Health Solution
337 Newton Street, #4
DescriptionSeeking Elementary Education Intern for healthy living after-school program, run by Optimum Health Solution, a non-profit 501c3 based out of Waltham. Must be willing to travel. After-school program takes place in two locations in Somerville, and preparation beforehand will be at office in Waltham.
Optimum Health Solution is dedicated to eliminating obesity, chronic disease, and malnutrition, especially in children, through education and advocacy of healthy living. Its mission is fulfilled through these two health-focused after-school programs for low-income children ages 5 to 14. For details see www.realkidsrealfood.org.
Schedule in Waltham is flexible, preferably before and after programs to help prepare food, pack and unpack car, etc.
• Research and write lesson plans
• Develop class materials including games and craft projects
• If schedule permits, Mondays at the Cambridge Girls and Boys Club 4 to 5 pm and Tuesdays at Mystic Learning Center from 4pm to 5pm.
• Ability to write lesson plans conforming to state standards
• Works well as a team member
• Excellent writing skills to create a “How To” book for other organizations
• Gardening experience preferred
• Some understanding of planting, nutrition, reading labels, erosion, and weather conditions preferred
• Love for children
• Computer experience, preferable Mac, iphoto, Keynote, graphics, and iAuthor