Field Education AmeriCorps InternshipTeton Science Schools
Arts Education InternSweetwater Center for the Arts
Looking for a dedicated intern to help with my daycare (Yaya's Precious Angels Childcare)Yaya's Precious Angels Childcare
Classroom Instructor- TeensBaron Education
Remote Mentorship ($40-$80 per Hour)Educatrium
Environmental Education & Live Animals InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 W 7th St
Saint Paul, MN
This position is responsible for conducting live and non-live animal education programs for Museum visitors. The intern will use the Museum’s collection of live animals to spark visitors’ interest in the natural world. In addition to programming, the intern will be responsible for providing quality care to the Museum’s live animals. By successfully completing these tasks, the intern will become familiar with common practice and procedures in an animal care, enhance their public speaking and customer service skills, as well as learn how to utilize live animals for educational purposes.
ResponsibilitiesMajor Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of Museum Programs staff.
% of Time
45 % Facilitate drop-in, interactive live and non-live animal programming for museum visitors.
45 % Assist in the care of painted turtles, box turtles, corn snake, fox snake, rats, and mice.
10 % Assist with program observation/development/research, and other duties as assigned.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. High school diploma and some post secondary coursework in environmental studies, biology, environmental education, natural sciences or a related field.
2. Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner.
3. Skill in coordinating tasks and projects.
4. Comfort with public speaking.
5. Computer skills, including word processing.
6. Ability to work well with people.
7. Interest in working with young children and animals mandatory.
8. Experience working with young children and animals preferred.