Hattie's Preschool InternBookmark This
9772 Diagonal Rd
DescriptionHattie’s Preschool is a program licensed by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. We serve children of both employees of Hattie Larlham and from the surrounding community. We are open from 6:30a-5:00p, Monday-Friday. Hattie’s Preschool is closed on the following days: Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
The role of our intern is to help provide a safe and exciting learning environment for our students. Our interns help supervise play times and help ensure activities are appropriate. They will help with cleaning of the classroom and play areas, assist with food preparation and helping children during meal and snack times, and filling out documentation on the child’s day under the supervision of a full-time Preschool staff member. Qualified interns can be considered for full time or part time hours.
Responsibilities• Supervising play times of children and ensuring activities are appropriate and safe.
• Assisting in cleaning up Preschool areas/rooms.
• Setting up activities, assisting in curriculum, and following the daily schedule of the classroom.
• Assisting with food preparation and helping children during meal and snack times.
• Filling out documentation on the child’s day under the supervision of a full-time Preschool staff member.
• Counted in staff ratios when with children.
• Complete appropriate in-services and trainings.
• Any additional tasks asked of intern that are appropriate to the role in the program.
-BCI and FBI background checks (done in-house)
-Signed Medical Statement from Doctor
-Employee Policy statement (done in-house)
-Inservice Training completed (within 30 days of start date)