Instructor to teach GED programBookmark This
To God Be the Glory Outreach Program
201 17th Street NW Suite 300, Atlanta Georgia 30363
DescriptionTeach high school and adults GED programming
GED Instructor Job Requirements
• Education: Some College
Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
• Personality Requirements: Ability to maintain excellent working relationships with the program staff and participants. Knowledgeable, mature, and concerned with the welfare and academic progress of participants.
• Must demonstrate enthusiasm. Be a self-starter.
• Be a positive role model.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form. Ability to instruct and maintain emotional control under stress.
• Be computer literate-word processing and spreadsheets. Ability to learn software use in the program.
Physical Demands: Usual working conditions. Must be able to work at varied locations that may include correctional sites. Format for teaching may be either traditional or through distance learning. Teaching assignment location may vary.
Class time may be either morning, afternoon or evening, as needed. Classes may be during the week or during the weekend. May be required to work outside regular working hours
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Instruct individuals in a classroom setting.
Conduct needs assessment analysis for each participant.
Monitor participants' needs in order to remediate educational deficiencies.
Maintain the required participant progress documentation.
Keep daily attendance records and progress reports.
Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis.
Maintain records portfolios and student progress reports.
Create a classroom environment that is conductive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
Assist in the counseling and guidance with emphasis on maximum progress of participants.
Prepare and submit monthly reports in a timely basis.
Assist the program coordinator in such duties as deemed necessary in attaining the established program goals.