Jail Education Solutions Film Production InternshipBookmark This
Jail Education Solutions
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza
DescriptionJail Education Solutions (JES) is a startup social enterprise that creates and collects educational and inspirational digital programming for jails.
Ten million people cycle through the jail system each year in America and the majority receive no support, services, or encouragement while spending those weeks in jail; more than half return to jail upon release. Most spend their jail time sleeping half the day and watching daytime television for the remainder. By using the TV and tablets as mediums for change we hope to inform inmates about vocational, educational and other opportunities available upon release and inspire better life choices.
You can check out our introductory video here: http://vimeo.com/63530227, or visit www.jaileducationsolutions.com for more information about the organization.
The JES Summer Learning Internship Program offers students a unique opportunity to learn about the criminal justice system while helping to address one of our country’s most challenging problems – assisting the 10 million Americans who go in and out of jail each year to break the cycle. Interns will work closely with supervisors to set educational, professional, and project-related goals, and will receive regular guidance and feedback throughout every stage of the project.
RequirementsJES is seeking interns for the summer with a background in film production. The interns will be expected to have experience in all aspects of production including directing, cinematography, and lighting.
• Comprehensive understanding of basic camera operation (shutter speed, white balance, etc.)
• Comprehensive understanding of in-camera audio acquisition (lav mics)
• Familiarity with Apple computers and operating systems
• Basic understanding of the technological aspects of digital film (codecs, file types, file compression)
• Ability to work on multiple projects in a given day
• Ability to collaborate and communicate in a creative environment
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to work quickly and meet deadlines without loss of quality
• Ability to take and incorporate constructive feedback and suggested ideas into projects
Most positions are unpaid, however, there are limited paid positions available dependent on background and experience. Positions are available starting in June 2014. A commitment of 10 hours per week is preferred.
Please email a resume and a paragraph expressing your interest and qualifications for the internship to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions will be filled on a rolling basis. If possible, please include samples of your previous work.