Volunteer TutorUnited Way of Passaic County
Elementary Science TeacherNEW HORIZONS CHARACTER & LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
Elementary English TeacherNEW HORIZONS CHARACTER & LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
Elementary Social Studies TeacherNEW HORIZONS CHARACTER & LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
Elementary Math Teacher / Math TutorNEW HORIZONS CHARACTER & LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
Jail Education Solutions Video Editor InternshipBookmark This
Jail Education Solutions
825 Chicago Ave., Suite C
DescriptionJail Education Solutions (JES) is a startup social enterprise that creates and collects educational and inspirational digital programming for jails.
Ten million people cycle through the jail system each year in America and the majority receive no support, services, or encouragement while spending those weeks in jail; more than half return to jail upon release. Most spend their jail time sleeping half the day and watching daytime television for the remainder. By using the TV as a medium for change we hope to inform inmates about vocational, educational and other opportunities available upon release and inspire better life choices.
You can check out our introductory video here: http://vimeo.com/63530227, or visit www.jaileducationsolutions.com for more information about the organization.
The JES Summer Learning Internship Program offers students a unique opportunity to learn about the criminal justice system while helping to address one of our country’s most challenging problems – assisting the 10 million Americans who go in and out of jail each year to break the cycle. Interns will work closely with supervisors to set educational, professional, and project-related goals, and will receive regular guidance and feedback throughout every stage of the project.
RequirementsJES is seeking interns for the fall with a background in film editing. While the majority of our content is acquired from external sources, we are also producing content to meet specific needs. The video editor will be expected to edit short format programs, typically ranging from 30 seconds to 15 minutes. They will edit both the audio and video to meet certain specifications. They will also be responsible for archiving and backing up footage and projects.
• Comprehensive understanding of and competency editing with Adobe Creative Suite (Premier, Audition) is preferred.
• Familiarity with Apple computers and operating systems
• Basic understanding of the technological aspects of digital film (codecs, file types, file compression)
• Ability to edit video in a way that tells a story
• Basic understanding of audio editing (levels, channels, and panning)
• Ability to work on multiple projects in a given day
• Ability to collaborate and communicate in a creative environment
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to work quickly and meet deadlines without loss of quality
• Ability to take and incorporate constructive feedback and suggested ideas into projects
We encourage students to inquire with their colleges about receiving course credit for this internship. Most positions are unpaid, however, there are limited paid positions available dependent on background and experience. Positions are available starting in August 2013 for the fall semester. A commitment of 10 hours per week is preferred.
Please email a resume and a paragraph expressing your interest and qualifications for the internship to email@example.com. Positions will be filled on a rolling basis. If possible, please include samples of your previous work.