Language Teacher InternBookmark This
Tropical Adventures Foundation
Hojancha, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
DescriptionWhat we offer!
As an intern working for Tropical Adventures you will be working in a small team in a rural town of Hojancha in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica. When working as the Language Exchange Program intern, you will be teaching English to citizens in the small community of Hojancha where we run our Vecinos del Mundo non-profit program. Besides working hours, you can practice even more Spanish and immerse in the local culture. On the weekends, we like to travel and explore the country with you.
Who we are!
Tropical Adventures is a volunteer service organization based in Costa Rica. We design affordable and fully-customized, unique volunteer and voluntour experiences. We work with individuals, families and groups who want to make a positive impact in local communities while experiencing a world different than their own.
ResponsibilitiesYour tasks at a glance:
- Teach English to locals in Costa Rica according to a set schedule
- Manage project development and execution from concept to reality through talking with locals, former volunteers and future volunteers
- Create material for one-on-one as well as group lessons and exchange sessions
- Create and maintain evaluation forms to measure improvements in the community
RequirementsWe are looking for:
Our language exchange coordinator is a person who gets satisfied when teaching others. You like to immerse in other cultures and preferably are experienced in teaching English.
Ideally, you meet the following qualities:
- Have excellent skills in English both written and spoken and advanced knowledge in Spanish
- Have excellent problem-solving ability
- Are working towards or have earned a Bachelors Degree, or are experienced in the field
- Work well with ambiguity and limited supervision
- Are motivated and a strong communicator