Field Education AmeriCorps InternshipTeton Science Schools
Arts Education InternSweetwater Center for the Arts
Looking for a dedicated intern to help with my daycare (Yaya's Precious Angels Childcare)Yaya's Precious Angels Childcare
Classroom Instructor- TeensBaron Education
Remote Mentorship ($40-$80 per Hour)Educatrium
Program and Events Summer InternshipBookmark This
Street Law, Inc.
1010 Wayne Avenue
Silver Spring, MD
DescriptionStreet Law, Inc. is a non-profit organization that creates classroom and community programs that teach people about law, democracy, and human rights worldwide. Our engaging, practical lessons help people develop the skills they need to improve their lives and strengthen their communities.
Primary role of the summer intern: Help to prepare for and attend the 2014 Supreme Court Summer Institute for Teachers. This summer, two six-day sessions of the Institute will be held in June. The Institute provides high school social studies teachers the opportunity to expand and strengthen their instruction about the history, operation, and cases of the Supreme Court of the United States; topics include cases from the Court’s current term, nominating justices, the role of interest groups, and methods for teaching about the Court.
ResponsibilitiesDuties will include:
· editing, preparing and assembling participant materials
· assisting with event planning and coordinating logistics
· attending the Institute and providing on-site logistical support
· researching current Supreme Court cases
· helping to prepare funding proposals
· reviewing website content for accuracy
Secondary role: Helping with a variety of projects in the Street Law office (may include Street Law’s diversity programs, international work, and/or other professional development for teachers and can be tailored to match your specific interests).
Duties may include:
· material preparation
· editing written and web-based materials
This internship would be ideal for students interested in nonprofits, education, the judicial branch, or constitutional law.
Benefits of internship:
· Attend a private reception at the Supreme Court
· Attend informational sessions lead by Supreme Court experts
· Contribute to programs aimed at improving education, civics, and diversity
· Gain experience in an office setting
· Gain experience with Microsoft Office programs, events planning, research, educational methods, and nonprofits
Location: Street Law’s office in downtown Silver Spring, MD.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship; however, a travel stipend will be provided. We can also work with university/college to arrange credit if desired.
Start Date: Mid-May (Ideal)
End Date: July 29, 2014
To apply for the internship please send a resume and a cover letter to Christina Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is March 17, 2014.
· Strong work ethic
· Attention to detail
· An interest in the mission of Street Law, Inc.
· Some familiarity with Microsoft programs preferred