Seasonal Education InternshipBookmark This
1001 North Park Drive
DescriptionThe Brandywine Zoo
Education Department Intern
The Brandywine Zoo * 1001 North Park Drive * Wilmington, DE 19802
You must apply through the email provided. Any applications an resumes sent through this site will not be considered.
Education Department Internships at The Brandywine Zoo provide hands-on experience for individuals who want to explore a profession in Zoo Education. Education Department Intern duties include (but are not limited to:) curriculum design, implementation of programs, leading informal education opportunities on zoo grounds, leading zoo camps, special event planning and implementation; construction of teaching aids; and live animal presentations (depending on length of internship commitment). We’re looking for a person with great people skills (especially children!); an animal lover; self-starter; energetic; positive; creative; and has a passion for the environment!
Zoo Naturalists Interns will present programs that will attract and engage the casual zoo guests on zoo grounds; man the zoo’s Discovery Cart loaded with educational props and biofacts; assist zoo guests with way finding; assist in leading family programs and tours for school groups; assist with the zoo’s special events; and positively represent and promote the Brandywine Zoo and its programs.
Education Internships are available year-round. Part time or Full time; flexible hours Monday – Sunday.
Program and event analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation; administration duties; some marketing of programs; working with, leading, and training volunteers and high school interns.
1. Send current resume listing relevant experience. Please indicate what type of internship you are applying for: Summer Camp or Education Department Intern.
2. Send cover letter that includes the following:
a. Length of internship
b. Start date, end date (if known)
c. Days of week available, hours a week available
d. Why you want an internship with the Brandywine Zoo’s Education Dept.
e. What you can bring to our zoo, what you hope to get out of this internship
3. Send resume and cover letter to DNREC_Parks_ZooPrograms@state.de.us or fax to 302-577-7480.
- Complete a term project during internship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be registered at a two or four year college or university, or a recent graduate
- Must be able to work a minimum of 96 hours within a 12 week period
- Overall GPA must be 2.5 or higher
- Proof of Negative TB Test
- Good physical condition
Please note: This is an unpaid position. We cannot provide housing.