Clinical Psychology InternshipGlendale Community College
Support for Mentor Program SpecialistsTUSD Mexican American Student Services Department
Summer Camp Teaching AssistantThe Language and Enrichment Center
Looking for Top Educators/Tutors for a Successful Learning CenterClavis Learning Center
Public Relations InternClavis Learning Center
Summer Education Internship PositionBookmark This
Taltree Arboretum & Gardens
71 North 500 West
DescriptionTime Commitment: 20-25 hours per week. During summer camp, hours may be longer, but will not exceed 40 hours per week. The internship begins in May 2014 and will end in late July 2014.
Responsibilities1. Lead hikes and tours around the arboretum.
2. Assist with preparation for education activities.
3. Assist with scheduling hike and tour leaders.
4. Help create educational activities at the arboretum.
5. Lead daily camp activities.
6. Supervise campers and visiting students at all times.
7. Help keep camp space tidy and clean.
8. Assist camp director and staff on camp projects.
9. Be able to work early mornings and later evenings. Our summer camp is a day camp only. Staff is expected to be present 15 minutes prior to camp starting to begin set up.
10. Assist camp director and staff in camp preparations.
11. Assist camp director and staff with camp clean-up at the end of summer camp.
Requirements1. At least 2 years of work towards a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Biology, Earth Sciences, Geology, Environmental Sciences, Wildlife Biology, or Education.
2. At least one year of experience with students and/or campers.
3. Comfortable with being in an outdoors setting in all types of weather. Be able to hike over uneven terrain, hike for at least 2 miles, and be able to lift 35 pounds.
4. CPR/AED/First AID Certification.
5. To be eligible for this internship, all applicants must pass a criminal background check, driving records check, and be finger-printed.