Teach English in Palestine!Bookmark This
La Casa Learning Center
Ain Sara Street (Hebron, West Bank, Palestine)
Jersey City, NJ
DescriptionWith increasing international work opportunities in tourism, business, and higher education, Palestinians are eager to develop their English language skills. Teaching in Palestine will provide you with the opportunity to learn about this fascinating country and its people. This experience is available to anyone with an interest in helping others to learn the English language. Whether you want to work for one semester, during your gap year, career break , winter break or as a volunteer vacation, you will have an important role to play and your efforts will be greatly appreciated.
We work with some of the most at-risk youth in the West Bank, offering them an opportunity to improve their life chances through education. As well as teaching English, we instruct our students in critical thinking and personal development. We aim to achieve a diverse cultural exchange and social dialogue through our international programs by hosting people from around the world. The diverse perspectives will enrich the activities and programs at La Casa.
All volunteers/interns are provided housing with a local Palestinian host family (if desired). For many participants of years past, the most rewarding part of any program at La Casa is living with a Palestinian host family.
Arabic classes are also available.
Please contact us for more information.
Length of Stay: 1 week - 6 months
ResponsibilitiesWe do work hard at La Casa and applicants should be ready to apply themselves fully to their volunteer positions as do the other international volunteers. That said, there is time at evenings and weekends to relax, experience Palestine and visit nearby cities such as Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Jericho and Ramallah.
Your work life will consist of the following activities:
- Educational activities such as organizing weekly workshop for the Palestinian community on different subjects e.g. culture differences, how to write resumes, how to write formal emails
- Teaching English at the Center, and helping other teachers in preparing classes outlines
- Administrative activities such as helping La Casa center staff and interns in writing reports, making schedules, printing materials for the classes etc
- Helping La Casa staff in building and strengthening community and international relations
- Organizing fun and entertaining activities for La Casa students