Video Game Design and Lego Robotics Children’s InstructorsBookmark This
Engineering For Kids
DescriptionEngineering For Kids brings science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) to preschool, elementary and middle school students in a fun and challenging way through classes, camp, clubs, and parties. We are proud to inspire children to build on their natural curiosity by teaching engineering concepts through hands-on learning. If you are interested in and have experience with video game design, computer programming or Lego Robotics and enjoy working with children, then this is a great opportunity for you. This is a part-time position with flexible hours with opportunities for Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and 2014 summer camps.
ResponsibilitiesManages the day-to-day operations of the classes. Sole purpose is to manage the classes.
Prepares lessons, controls inventory, handles logistics while managing assistant teachers and students
Requirements• has experience and enjoy working with children ages 4-14
• has reliable transportation
• be able to travel throughout Dane County area
• has flexibility, excellent work ethic and be dependable
• has great organizational skills and be able to work independently
• has experience with video game design or programming
• has experience with game design software such as Multimedia Fusion 2 a plus
• has experience with Lego Mindstorm and Lego WeDo a plus
• has experience presenting to a group, facilitation or training would be a plus
• Prior experience as an educator or completing a degree in the education or engineering field is also a plus
• pass a background check