Video Game Design and Lego Robotics Children’s InstructorsBookmark This
Engineering For Kids
DescriptionEngineering For Kids brings science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) to preschool, elementary and middle school students in a fun and challenging way through classes, camp, clubs, and parties. We are proud to inspire children to build on their natural curiosity by teaching engineering concepts through hands-on learning. If you are interested in and have experience with video game design, computer programming or Lego Robotics and enjoy working with children, then this is a great opportunity for you. This is a part-time position with flexible hours with opportunities for Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and 2014 summer camps.
ResponsibilitiesManages the day-to-day operations of the classes. Sole purpose is to manage the classes.
Prepares lessons, controls inventory, handles logistics while managing assistant teachers and students
• has experience and enjoy working with children ages 4-14
• has reliable transportation
• be able to travel throughout Dane County area
• has flexibility, excellent work ethic and be dependable
• has great organizational skills and be able to work independently
• has experience with video game design or programming
• has experience with game design software such as Multimedia Fusion 2 a plus
• has experience with Lego Mindstorm and Lego WeDo a plus
• has experience presenting to a group, facilitation or training would be a plus
• Prior experience as an educator or completing a degree in the education or engineering field is also a plus
• pass a background check