Lesley University, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Academic Advising Center InternLesley University
Assistant, Continuing Education - Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS)American Library Association
Internship in China, getting Tesol certificate freely!!!US New Power
Classroom AssistantWorld Communications Charter School
Artistic/Education InternChicago Children's Theatre
Yoga In Schools Apprenticeship Program.Bookmark This
4040 Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionAll labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Take your yoga out of the studio and into the community. Our Apprenticeship Program offers the possibility of work with purpose.
A nonprofit organization, located in Los Angeles, is looking for motivated children’s Yoga instructors to participate in our Yoga In Schools Apprenticeship Program.
We work with at-risk youth from disadvantaged segments of the city, who wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity to experience Yoga.
This Apprenticeship is an opportunity to learn how to work with students in a school environment as part of a physical educational program. Implementing our structured developmentally appropriate Yoga curriculum. This Apprenticeship also has the potential to lead to a part-time paid position as a Yoga instructor with our organization.
ResponsibilitiesHelp us by helping the youth to stretch beyond limitations one Yoga pose at a time. Visit our website and watch the video at http://satnaam.org/yoga/.
Please e-mail us your resume including 3 references for more info. Applicants without a resume, cover letter, and 3 references will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
RequirementsTo participate in our Yoga In Schools Apprenticeship Program, we are looking for the individuals with the following qualifications:
* must have experience in a school environment
* must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
* must be professional, i.e. punctual, attentive, and motivated
* must be a good communicator and able to communicate with other colleagues, students, and parents in an effective and appropriate manner
* must be available for 10 hours/week for 6 weeks starting ASAP
* must be available to commit to a set weekly schedule
* must be available to train at various locations around Los Angeles
* must have completed a Yoga teacher training
* Livescan background clearance and TB test REQUIRED