Assistant, Continuing Education - Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS)American Library Association
Creative Education Company Seeks Administrative InternIndividual U
Social Media & Community Management InternHstry
Developer of a Creative Curriculum to teach Life SkillsCompass Lifeskills
Swim InstructorChicago Swim School
Education Public Programs InternshipBookmark This
800 Cherokee Ave SE
DescriptionThe goal of the Education Public Programs Internship is to provide a pre-professional, experiential learning opportunity for students interested in environmental conservation, informal education, and communication. Interns receive on-grounds training in interpretive techniques and relevant animal information. Upon completion of training, interns will be responsible for providing presentations focusing on conservation action and awareness to Zoo guests at a variety of locations and activities around Zoo grounds.
Please apply by sending cover letter and resume directly to Melissa King, Interpretive Programs Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities• Participate in training/mentoring to learn accurate exhibit information, including species and individual animal information, effective public presentation and interpretation techniques.
• Provide interpretive guest experiences at Exploration Station activity carts and exhibits throughout Zoo
• Safely handle interpretive tools, including animal artifacts/biofacts and activity sets.
• Provide excellent guest service to all Zoo guests.
• Creating and organizing content for our Zoo’s Clues and Animal Tales programs.
• Special projects as assigned.
Requirements• Education, Environmental Studies, Biology, Zoology, Animal Behavior, Conservation, Psychology, Theatre Arts or related major
• Availability to intern 2.5 days per week (two full days 9:30 – 5, one half day 9:30 – 1:30 or 1:00 – 5:00) at least 20 hours per week for 12 weeks. Saturdays are required.
• Demonstrated strong conservation and environmental knowledge in order to communicate appropriate conservation and wildlife messages to all guests
• Demonstrated ability to communicate information in an informal setting, such that it is personal and relevant to guests
• Proven oral communication skills, including both one-on-one delivery and formal microphone presentations
• Willingness to intern outdoors in all weather conditions
• Ability to work well in a team environment and independently