Math/Computer science internshipEvergreen Academy of Math and Computer Science
Nature Small Farm Veterinary for Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Outdoor Education STEM Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Performing Arts/Drama Specialty Leader Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Arts Specialty Leader Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Camp North Star
Educador de EstuarioSan Juan Bay Estuary Program
Early Childhood Teacherwww.GoddardSchool.com
Academic Spring 2017 InternshipBookmark This
Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
3310 S. 20th Street
Posted: October 17 2016
Application Deadline: January 17, 2017
Position: 5 Full-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/18/17 — 05/18/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionREPORTS TO: Academic Coordinator
DURATION: Spring 2017 Semester: Part-time and Full-time options available
The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation uses the sport of hockey to foster academic and personal excellence among at-risk students in Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ. Primary learning opportunities include assisting with the development and delivery of academic programming and support at community centers throughout the Greater Philadelphia area. Intern will also provide support to supplemental aspects of academic programming, including report card collection. Internship is conditional on the successful completion of a criminal background check.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities and Duties:
• Coordinate academic activities at community centers in the Philadelphia area including literacy initiatives, tutoring, homework help, and college/career readiness.
• Build partnerships with local colleges and universities, elementary and high schools, and education focused non-profits.
• Attend meetings, assist with internal and external inquiries, maintain databases, and conduct preliminary research.
• Develop and implement Targeted Intervention program to assess and support youth at risk of dropping out of school.
• Build and maintain relationships with youth and their families.
• The position requires strong problem solving skills, and candidates should be highly motivated to learn, research, and collaborate with academic staff
• Candidates must be committed to the importance of education in helping young people be successful in life
• Strong computer skills are needed
• Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the student
• Occasional night/weekend responsibilities and travel in the Greater Philadelphia area are required.