Brand AmbassadorsEager Academy
Behavior Technician InternSteps Therapy
Online Video Class Assistant Teacher Intern (VIRTUAL OK) Skillshare Udemy - IT StartUp NYCSnowSugar Video
Public Relations/Communications InternshipSalus University
Paid Summer InternshipVandelay Education
Sr. Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Academic TutorBookmark This
Brooklyn Center for the Arts
28 Madison st
Posted: September 29 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 15 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBrooklyn Center for the Arts is seeking a responsible individual to provide intensive and extensive academic tutoring in Math and Reading to children in the elementary through middle school grade levels.
Instruct and distribute activities that are designed to promote subject mastery, develop grade-level competencies, and teach study skills.
Opportunities for paid one on one academic tutoring available upon parents of students request.
Responsibilities- Assist students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
- Help students develop the study skills necessary for academic success. Identify students experiencing difficulties and provide encouragement and alternatives, as needed.
- Provide academic assistance to assigned students, individually or in a group setting. Assist the students with homework, and math, science, history or literacy tutoring.
- Utilize school resources and after-school program resources, in a manner that will assist students in achieving educational goals.
- Document, track and maintain daily progress and academic records of assigned students. Provide feedback regarding student’s progress, as well as behavior.
- Acknowledge student efforts, accomplishments and progress.
Requirements- High School Diploma or equivalent. At least two years of college or recent college graduate preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience providing tutorial service to middle school students.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Possess an understanding and knowledge of public school functions, as well as specific knowledge in age-appropriate curriculum.
- Please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Academic Tutor” to Brooklyncfa@gmail.com