Math/Computer science internshipEvergreen Academy of Math and Computer Science
Nature Small Farm Veterinary for Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Outdoor Education STEM Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Performing Arts/Drama Specialty Leader Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Arts Specialty Leader Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Camp North Star
Educador de EstuarioSan Juan Bay Estuary Program
Early Childhood Teacherwww.GoddardSchool.com
Early / Primary Education Program InternBookmark This
161 Museum Drive
Posted: January 08 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The AACA Museum is a non-profit 501(c)(3) institution dedicated to the preservation of transportation vehicles via education and entertainment. The AACA Museum (Antique Automobile Club of America) has been established since 2003. More details: www.aacamuseum.org
About the Program
This Internship (via the AACA Museum) runs Monday through Sunday year round during museum business hours (some weekends possible). The AACA Museum is looking for interns to work a minimum of one day a week. Interns for this program will have the opportunity to utilize the second day to work virtually from their location. This program is open to college students of a serious to mind to intern within a fast paced museum. The chosen applicants are expected to perform their duties and uphold the same rules and regulations as paid employees.
The responsible candidates for this project will assist in the revitalization of the AACA Museum's Education program to meet 21st century interest.
Reports to the Exhibit Programs Director
ResponsibilitiesThe responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Based on STEM / STEAM standards create unique programming on a select area within the museum. Interns working on their masters can use this programming to present as part of their graduate studies curriculum with professor approval.
• Assist in re-developing current education carts. Intern will have the opportunity to demo the presentation to select staff for critique and then test on a select day to the public.
• Assist in developing educational programming that engages patrons with temporary exhibits being presented.
Exhibit Management will be accepting applications for student interns on an ongoing basis starting immediately. The program is an unpaid internship to applicants who:
• Are currently enrolled in:
o College – maintained at least a 2.0 GPA
o Will consider sophomore applications based on GPA and professor recommendation letters
• ability to lift up to 30lbs
• have access to the internet to receive project updates
• a method of transportation to/from AACA Museum.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply for consideration including the following:
• Complete online form
• Cover letter
• resume or curriculum vitae
• a short essay describing the interest, skills, and experience that the candidate could bring to the program along with what the intern hopes to take away from their experience from this particular project.