Educational Arts Programming for Children and HR InternKid Spot
Marketing, Social Media and Business Development InternKid Spot
Volunteer and Education InternshipCat Depot
Professional Assistant-prevention deptstand out corp
Family Engagement InternshipSpringfield Museums
Part-time English Correction RemotelyBole China
Spring Spanish Language Programs & Outreach Intern826DC
Volunteer and Internship Abroad (Kenya)Joyland Prime Academy
Child Care InternshipBookmark This
Mujeres Unidas Avanzando
54 Clayton Street
Posted: June 14 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
At Mujeres Unidas Avanzando (MUA), our mission is to help Latina women break the barriers that stand in their way of social and economic growth. Through our programs, MUA serves low-income female residents from Dorchester and Boston’s surrounding neighborhoods, the clear majority of whom are Latina, although anyone is welcome to take advantage of our programs and services. Our complete offering of classes range from English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes, to High School Equivalency preparation in Spanish, computer classes, as well as health workshops and focus groups. Our services also include counseling, basic needs referrals and assistance, family literacy, one-on-one tutoring provided by volunteers and pull-out sessions for struggling students in Pre-ESOL and ESOL. Finally, we offer onsite childcare for mothers with preschool aged children to participate in MUA’s program. Classes run from 9:30-2:30PM to enable mothers to attend our program. Of course, all our services are free.
MUA has an onsite preschool childcare for children of mothers who attend our Adult Basic Education (ABE) program. While mothers take classes and trainings, children in the preschool child care get the chance to increase fluency in English and Spanish as well as explore their creativity and interests through games and activities while having fun and making friends.
We are seeking fun and energetic childcare interns to jump on board with us! This position is a great match for Spanish or Education majors. If you speak both English and Spanish; have a love for children and education; and want to make a positive change in a great organization, you have found the ideal opportunity!
The pre-school child care runs 9:30AM-2:30PM Monday-Friday September-June and you are welcome during these hours for direct service and weekday afternoons to assist with curriculum development, lesson planning, and translation work.
- Obtain school credit for your rewarded work (if applicable)
- Enhance your resume with admirable and valuable volunteering experience
- Acquire hands-on experience entertaining and supervising children
- Enjoy a flexible schedule in a casual work environment
- Practice your Spanish in an authentic setting
- Easily access the office on the MBTA Red Line
- Participate in fun, special events, with free food and entertainment
- Make a true impact on dozens of children’s lives!
Here is how to be a part of our journey:
Contact Johannah Malone at email@example.com with your resume.
- Design and implement a curriculum for the children’s growth
- Supervise children and ensure their safety at all times
- Act as a role model
- Plan, organize and participate in activities such as arts and crafts, sing a long, story time, math projects and more!