Esteem Leader-STEM summer camp counselor (internship)Esteem Girls Inc.
Promotions CoordinatorWendelken Piano Studio, Inc
Kids Fringe InternshipChicago Fringe Festival
Children's Story Writer and Cirriculumn InternAlesa's English
Immediate Job Openings -- Perfect for Students!Job Openings In Florida
Part-time Recruitment Consultant remotely, University based – GHRGHR
Marketing InternBeautiful Mandarin Language Institute
Sr. Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Communications InternBookmark This
Professional Opportunities Program for Students, Inc.
4401 Vineland Rd.Suite a-10
Posted: September 07 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPOPS Mission: To provide personal and professional development for teenagers who face social and economic barriers that impact the quality of their lives. The organization is committed to:
- Engaging students in workshops and small group mentoring that increases their developmental assets, positive identity and self-confidence that will have transformational impact on their academic attainment, increased GPA, on-time grade promotion and access to a post-secondary educational experience.
- Providing professional readiness skills and paid summer internship opportunities that prepare students to perform well in professional settings and compete successfully in a global economy. -
- Providing college readiness workshops and access to college tours that empower students to research, select, apply and attend post-secondary institutions that are best suited to their academic capabilities and financial means.
Internship Role: The POPS Intern will report to the Admin/Fundraising Coordinator to assist the organization in their grant sourcing and communications objectives.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
- Researching and recording various grant funding opportunities that will elevate the mission of the organization, for example Google Ads for Non-Profits.
- Conducting necessary outreach to prospective grant sources
- Collecting necessary program assets for review and approval to be submitted for grant funding.
- Assisting in the communications efforts of the organization by
o Creating a quarterly social media content calendar
o Monitoring and updating social media channels as needed
o Producing content for monthly e-newsletter
Requirements- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Junior or Senior Level Undergraduate
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to collect and record data
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks