Desire to be an entrepreneur in Education?Minds of the Future Academy
HCOP Pre-Health ScholarsHealth Careers Opportunity Program
Course Content Developer InternLaureate Education
(((*EXCITING OPPORTUNITY* ))) - WIN - "Writing Is Necessary" Project AssistantNext Level Publishing
Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Art TeacherMiftaahul Uloom Academy
Outreach Leader InternNextGenVest
Cultural Ambassador Project in China – not just an internshipBookmark This
Yabroad Information Co. Ltd.
#901 C, No. 188, Tongsheng Ave. Nantong
Posted: July 12 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCultural Ambassador Project is a fantastic opportunity for open-minded and passionate youth to spend 3 to 6 months in China, designing and hosting activities to share your own culture and interest for children, exposing yourself to different Chinese people via our open/community/volunteer activities, whilst getting fund and the opportunity to travel and explore the diversity of China. You will get the chance to truly immerse yourself in the vibrant Chinese culture and lifestyle, boost your CV and discover your own potential.
• No fee
• Free housing
• Up to 3800RMB/month in allowance
• Opportunity to travel and experience the vibrancy of China
As a Cultural Ambassador (CA) you will challenge yourself to learn more about a different mindset, make friends from all around the world, whilst bringing greater international awareness and cultural diversity to Chinese children by creating and hosting your own English and cultural activities and classes. The activities and classes you will be creating and hosting for our club members aim to improve their level of English, foster cultural awareness and gain creativity and independence in a fun and relaxing atmosphere. While hosting your activities, forget the traditional methods of teaching, fun and interactive games are the emphasis. CA’s will also participate in local community/volunteer events and host open activities at local events to promote the concept of cultural exchange for CultureSky.
• Free housing (fully furnished private studio apartment or shared apartment w/ water, electricity and internet)
• Fund to support your living cost, up to 3800RMB/month
• Airport pick-up on arrival day
• Pre-departure consultation, advice and visa assistance
• Onsite orientation and training
• 24/7 support during your project time
• Certificate at the end of the project
Yabroad does not cover the cost of flights to and from China, visa and insurance.
We recommend applicants to sign up and apply directly on our site http://yabroad.com/i/10741/cultural-ambassador/
The project is ongoing all year long, and the start date is flexible. The length of the project is a minimum of 3 months with the chance of further extensions.
CultureSky is a sub-brand to Yabroad and aims to provide more opportunities and all kinds of local services for foreign youth who come to China. Spontaneously, CultureSky integrates different resources to provide Chinese youth with international services. We gradually improve the international ability of Chinese youth through three levels of activities; the CultureSky Club, Group Exchanges and an International Exchange Program.
Yabroad have established two branches, including the headquarters in Nantong, a city close to Shanghai; and Chengdu, the hometown of Panda.
Responsibilities• Design and host English cultural activities for club members (3-16 years old)
• Devise engaging and creative content based on your own personal hobbies and interests
• Lead club members to explore different aspects of foreign lifestyles, cultures, etc.
• Host varying community events including food festivals and holiday events
• Participate in/host cultural activities for local foreigners and Chinese to encourage cultural exchange
Requirements• 18-30 year old
• Fluent in English
• Able to work independently and collaborate with other team members
• Passionate about other cultures and have a positive attitude
• Experience of working with children
• Lead and communicate effectively
• Capable of organizing activities and events
• Enjoying some specialties is a plus