Teach English Program in Palestine! 2017La Casa Learning Center
Sr. Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Online Video Class Assistant Teacher Intern (VIRTUAL OK) Skillshare Udemy - IT StartUp NYCSnowSugar Video
Math/Computer science internshipEvergreen Academy of Math and Computer Science
Intern Assessment EvaluatorNorton Norris
((( *START NEXT WEEK* ))) - WIN - "Writing Is Necessary" Project AssistantNext Level Publishing
Digital Education Virtual Internship / $500/month (40 Hours per week)Bookmark This
Posted: June 20 2016
Company Location: Mountain View, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDo you wish to get involved with an international project and showcase your work in published book and mobile iPad application?
Our Silicon Valley bootstrapped based social enterprise, Chef Koochooloo is a mobile + social + educational platform that teaches kids about geography, math and science, and social responsibility through cooking. We have launched our iPad application to ituens, and rolled out our program in 20 various Silicon Valley schools, we are now working on bringing our technology to other platforms.
About the Virtual Internship/Assistant Role: The Digital Education Virtual Internship offers the opportunity to learn many aspects of editorial/educational writing and educational website production by assisting with content and production for Chef Koochooloo.
ResponsibilitiesThe Digital Communications and New Media Technology Intern/Virtual assistant will assist with developing and delivering internal communications & marketing using a variety of mixed media (e.g. video, graphic design, editorial etc.) via the company intranet and social media technologies. The role will also provide creative support for development of leadership training materials as part of an ongoing set of internal initiatives. The individual will gain first-hand experience in a fast-paced employee communications environment and have opportunities to work in an organization responsible for a variety of projects and technologies, including wireless, server and storage, Cloud-based services, and workforce collaboration.
• Graphic design for a variety of digital mediums including video, the Intranet, e-mail communications and presentations
• Presentation design using Keynote (Mac) and PowerPoint (PC)
• Assist in managing digital media assets
• Video production (graphics, music, narration) and editing using Final Cut Pro and Adobe applications
• Filming using Canon 7D and Panasonic HD; studio/set preparation
• Shoot photos using professional digital camera
• Manage and publish content on company intranet and internal social networking sites
• Develop training content for Web
• Assist with creating Quick Reference Guides, FAQs, etc.
The intern should be available online during certain windows of a 9 AM – 5 PM work week, in order to communicate in real time with the internship advisor and other Chef Koochooloo staff. Otherwise, the intern can work on projects on their own schedule. The intern will need to have access to their own computer with an internet connection.
The candidate who would most benefit from the experience will have:
• An interest in the field of education
• A passion for cooking and writing
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Professional, mature, and an independent worker
• Knowledge of or experience with website production a plus, or the desire to learn
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Demonstrated graphic design skills and familiarity with Web /user interface design
• Knowledge of social media platforms.
• Proficiency in the following Mac applications: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, Keynote, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and video conversion applications
• Proficiency in the following PC applications: Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
• Photography skills
• Well developed understanding and experience with video production (documentary / news / interview style editing)