Math/Computer science internshipEvergreen Academy of Math and Computer Science
Nature Small Farm Veterinary for Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Outdoor Education STEM Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Performing Arts/Drama Specialty Leader Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Arts Specialty Leader Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Camp North Star
Educador de EstuarioSan Juan Bay Estuary Program
Early Childhood Teacherwww.GoddardSchool.com
Education & Aquarist Internship - Save The BayBookmark This
Save The Bay, Inc.
Save The Bay Exploration Center & Aquarium, 175 Memorial Blvd,
Posted: July 28 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 6 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLocation: Save The Bay Exploration Center & Aquarium, 175 Memorial Blvd, Newport, RI
Dates: This internship is offered year-round with a rolling application process.
Overview of position: Are you interested in doing hands-on aquarium work while developing your marine biology education skills? At Save The Bay, we provide interns with the opportunity to work in the Exploration Center aquarium and educate the public about ocean ecology and wildlife while building a foundation for a career in marine biology and education. Education and Aquarist interns assist in all aspects of running the Exploration Center, including: visitor relations, programming, and animal husbandry.
Save The Bay is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide education to the community about protecting and restoring the ecological health of the Narragansett Bay region.
We offer unpaid internship opportunities; college credit is possible if requested.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the internship application on our volunteer website. For more information on Save The Bay internships, please visit www.savebay.org/volunteer and click on the Internships tab.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will learn:
• Marine biology of Narragansett Bay
• Aquarium maintenance, and the care and feeding of the animals
• Hands-on environmental educational programming for school groups and visitors
• Promotion and outreach to local beaches, businesses and shopping areas
• Visitor relations: greeting visitors, taking admissions and selling merchandise
What we require:
• Work a minimum of 21 hours per week (summer) or 14 hours per week (fall/winter/spring) including one weekend day per week
• Undergo a criminal background check
• Enjoy working with children and have a strong interest in environmental education
• Have a strong interest in maintaining and cleaning aquarium tanks
• Interested in or have basic knowledge of small marine animal feeding techniques
• Creative, reliable, and flexible team member
• Reliable transportation
• Prompt arrival for shifts in uniform (provided by Save The Bay)
RequirementsWork a minimum of 14 hours per week.
2.75 GPA minimum
Undergo a criminal background check