Essay EditorsDreamGo Inc
Education Intern at the Children's Creativity MuseumChildren's Creativity Museum
Sr. Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
2017 Boston Summer Teaching FellowshipGeneration Teach Inc.
2017 Western MA Summer Teaching FellowshipGeneration Teach Inc.
Ropes Course InstructorSummit Camp & Travel
Education & Volunteer Programs InternshipCat Depot
Educational Enrichment InternshipBookmark This
Children's Museum of the Brazos Valley
4001 E. 29th St. Suite 80
Posted: April 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Children's Museum of the Brazos Valley seeks an educational enrichment intern that will report to the Assistant Director. It is imperative that the candidate be highly independent and be able to work with little or no supervision. The ideal candidate possesses a high level of integrity and has a passion for children and education. This is an unpaid part-time position and ideal for a student seeking an internship with an amazing learning opportunity.
Responsibilities• Generate new programs for school groups with relationship to TEKS standards
• Schedule and plan programs for School Groups
• Produce exhibit guides with correlating TEKS for each exhibit
• Create and coordinate monthly programs and calendar
• Work with Marketing Manager to create monthly program calendar to send to publication
• Organize and update information in The Children’s Museum database
• Schedule special program guests to visit the museum
• Send thank you notes and reminder emails to various programming special guests
• Organize program materials
• Other Duties as assigned
Assisting with Community Events
Researching Grant Opportunities
Requirements• In process of completing Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in education, Child Development or in a child related field).
• Flexibility in planning.
• Ability to think and plan ahead.
• Knowledge of child development stages.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organization.
• Experience in written planning.
• Passion and love for children and the mission of CMBV.