Museum Educator Internship - Spring & Summer 2017 AvailableAACA Museum
Internship in PalestineExcellence Center
Naturalist InternshipSierra Outdoor School
Educador de EstuarioSan Juan Bay Estuary Program
Online Student MentorNextGenVest
Summer Camp 2017 InternshipWild Bear Mountain Ecology Center
Writer's Games 1: JudgeThe Writer's Workout
Patient Services Intern (Unpaid)The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Educational Enrichment InternshipBookmark This
Children's Museum of the Brazos Valley
4001 E. 29th St. Suite 80
Posted: April 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Children's Museum of the Brazos Valley seeks an educational enrichment intern that will report to the Assistant Director. It is imperative that the candidate be highly independent and be able to work with little or no supervision. The ideal candidate possesses a high level of integrity and has a passion for children and education. This is an unpaid part-time position and ideal for a student seeking an internship with an amazing learning opportunity.
Responsibilities• Generate new programs for school groups with relationship to TEKS standards
• Schedule and plan programs for School Groups
• Produce exhibit guides with correlating TEKS for each exhibit
• Create and coordinate monthly programs and calendar
• Work with Marketing Manager to create monthly program calendar to send to publication
• Organize and update information in The Children’s Museum database
• Schedule special program guests to visit the museum
• Send thank you notes and reminder emails to various programming special guests
• Organize program materials
• Other Duties as assigned
Assisting with Community Events
Researching Grant Opportunities
Requirements• In process of completing Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in education, Child Development or in a child related field).
• Flexibility in planning.
• Ability to think and plan ahead.
• Knowledge of child development stages.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organization.
• Experience in written planning.
• Passion and love for children and the mission of CMBV.