Museum Educator Internship - Spring & Summer 2017 AvailableAACA Museum
Internship in PalestineExcellence Center
Naturalist InternshipSierra Outdoor School
Educador de EstuarioSan Juan Bay Estuary Program
Online Student MentorNextGenVest
Summer Camp 2017 InternshipWild Bear Mountain Ecology Center
Writer's Games 1: JudgeThe Writer's Workout
Patient Services Intern (Unpaid)The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Elementary EducatorBookmark This
City of North Miami Beach (Library Department)
1601 NE 164th Street
North Miami Beach, FL
Posted: August 24 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSUMMARY: Suitable candidates should have previous experience in instruction and a thorough knowledge of pre-school and elementary classroom motivating activities, lesson plans, instructional resources, and classroom management. They should have an international outlook and show enthusiasm for introducing literacy from an early age. The duties will include creating interesting, motivating and differentiated lesson plans for pre-school and elementary students struggling with reading and other subjects impacted by poor reading skills. This individual would also serve the community as needed by responding to questions and supporting the library staff.
• Create instructional resources for use in the library setting/classroom.
• Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
• Create positive educational climate for students to learn in
• Meet course performance goals
• Create lesson plans and modifies as needed.
• Maintains assessment records
• Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
• Create lesson plans.
• Utilize various curriculum resources
• Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
• Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served
• Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
• Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
• Utilize public library resources
• Tutor students on an individual basis
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
• Observe and evaluate student's performance
• Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures
PROVIDES REFERENCE ASSISTANCE
• Communicates clearly with public to answer their questions
• Prepares lists of materials that would be useful to the community and library collection
• Senior or graduate status, pursuing a degree in Elementary Education
• Florida teaching certificate preferred (if graduate)
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• This is an unpaid internship that may be taken for college credit, check with your school’s academic advisor