- Internships /
- Education /
- English for Speakers of Other Language (ESOL) Teacher Assistant Internship
Math/Science Summer InternshipCK-12 Foundation
Family Engagement InternshipSpringfield Museums
Spring/Summer Marketing Intern - The School of The New York Times (SoNYT)The School of The New York Times (SoNYT)
((( *FAST-PACED POSITION* ))) - WIN - "Writing Is Necessary" Project AssistantNext Level Publishing
Essay EditorsDreamGo Inc
Education Intern at the Children's Creativity MuseumChildren's Creativity Museum
Sr. Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
English for Speakers of Other Language (ESOL) Teacher Assistant InternshipBookmark This
Mujeres Unidas Avanzando
54 Clayton Street
Posted: June 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
At Mujeres Unidas Avanzando (MUA), our mission is to help Latina women break the barriers that stand in their way of social and economic growth. Through our programs, MUA serves low-income female residents from Dorchester and Boston’s surrounding neighborhoods, the clear majority of whom are Latina, although anyone is welcome to take advantage of our programs and services. Our complete offering of classes range from English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes, to High School Equivalency preparation in Spanish, computer classes, as well as health workshops and focus groups. Our services also include counseling, basic needs referrals and assistance, family literacy, one-on-one tutoring provided by volunteers and pull-out sessions for struggling students in Pre-ESOL and ESOL. Finally, we offer onsite childcare for mothers with preschool aged children to participate in MUA’s program. Classes run from 9:30-2:30PM to enable mothers to attend our program. Of course, all our services are free.
MUA offers three levels of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes, including two classes to help students to transition to work or college after completion of the course. The curriculum combines multiple areas of learning at the same time, such as technology, health and social sciences. This enables MUA to implement a fast-paced curriculum, which is vital in preparing students whose Public Assistance may be running out for employment.
We are seeking English Teacher Assistant interns to jump on board with us! If you are looking for a meaningful experience that will have a tremendous impact on both your future and your community’s, then MUA is the place for you! You will be joining a dedicated team whose mission is to make a change.
Classes run 9:30AM-2:30PM Monday-Friday September-June and you are welcome during these hours for direct service and weekday afternoons to assist with curriculum development, lesson planning, and translation work.
- Obtain school credit for your rewarded work (if applicable)
- Enhance your resume with admirable and valuable volunteering experience
- Acquire hands-on experience developing and implementing lessons with certified teachers
- Enjoy a flexible schedule in a casual work environment
- Gain life-lasting teaching and technology skills to kick off your career
- Practice your Spanish in an authentic setting
- Easily access the office on the MBTA Red Line
- Participate in fun, special events, with free food and entertainment
- Make a true impact on hundreds of lives!
Here is how to be a part of our journey:
Contact Johannah Malone at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
- Develop and implement a pertinent and interesting curriculum
- Assist lead teacher in lesson delivery and presentation
- Prepare and organize different teaching aids for use in classroom
- Ensure the academic and social development of students throughout the course
- Support teachers to identify student needs and assist in the development of instructional plans
- Tutor students independently or in small groups
- Organize and assist in field trips and special events