Environmental Education Internship - Summer seasonGrowing Gardens
Environmental Education Internship - Spring seasonGrowing Gardens
Environmental Education Internship - Full seasonGrowing Gardens
Student Admissions OfficeInternational Language Institute (ILI)
Summer Camp CounselorsCamp Weequahic
Math/Computer science internshipEvergreen Academy of Math and Computer Science
Nature Small Farm Veterinary for Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Outdoor Education STEM Special Needs Summer ProgramSummit Camp & Travel
Environmental Education Internship -Save The BayBookmark This
Save The Bay, Inc.
Save The Bay Center, 100 Save The Bay Dr.
Posted: August 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLocation: Save The Bay Center, 100 Save The Bay Dr. Providence, RI and various Rhode Island schools.
Dates: This internship is offered from September through June with a rolling application process
Overview of position: Do you want to teach marine biology and expand on your experience as an educator? At Save The Bay, we provide interns with the opportunity to assist with hands-on afterschool educational programs for ages kindergarten through high school, while also offering education administration experience.
Save The Bay is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide education to the community about protecting and restoring the ecological health of the Narragansett Bay region.
We offer unpaid internship opportunities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the internship application on our volunteer website. For more information on Save The Bay internships, please visit www.savebay.org/volunteer and click on the Internships tab.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will learn:
• Effective classroom management
• Marine science and environmental education methods
• Knowledge of the Narragansett Bay environment
• How to generate and update various sets of education reports
• Curriculum research and development in a team atmosphere
• Updating teacher and school contacts and information; building lists for potential groups like early childhood, library groups, and other community groups
RequirementsWhat we require:
• Strong interest in education techniques, environmental education and marine science
• Flexibility and ability to work individually as well as in a team
• Availability at least 10 hours a week(Monday-Thursday) including one afterschool session
• Reliable transportation
• Computer experience with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Strong communication and phone skills
• Analytical and organizational skills
• Work well in a high-energy, fast paced environment
• Experience with video editing software is a plus
• Interns must undergo a background check.