Social Media Marketing InternCHARP EDucation Consulting, LLC
Education and Outreach InternSan Diego River Park Foundation
Boston Children's Hospital Instructional Design InternBoston Children's Hospital
Aquarium Education InternOdySea Aquarium
SAP FICO - Training and placement Session Starts On 12/17/2016TekTaurus Education
STEM and/or Education Major Intern!!! "Esteem Leader"Esteem Girls Inc.
Environmental Education Internship - Summer seasonGrowing Gardens
Environmental Education Internship - Spring seasonGrowing Gardens
Spring Spanish Language Programs & Outreach InternBookmark This
3333 14th Street NW, Suite M-120
Posted: October 25 2016
Application Deadline: January 13, 2017
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/23/17 — 05/05/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Spanish Language Programs & Outreach (SLPO) Intern plays an important role in supporting 826DC’s educational programs by engaging with Spanish-speaking students and families, and by translating and creating outreach materials.
SLPO Interns support all aspects of on-site and off-site programs, publishing projects, and resource and curriculum development, specifically for English Language Learners. The bulk of the internship role will be to support students between ages 6-18 with their creative and expository writing.Persons hired for this position may work one-on-one in a mentorship capacity, in small groups, or through large group instruction when working with students, depending on current programming needs at the time of the internship.
Candidates should have an interest or experience in education, working with children, youth development, writing and the arts in a professional and data-driven setting, nonprofits, and/or social justice work. Candidates must be comfortable working with diverse populations and with local (inside the District) travel to programming locations, as required. Interested applicants must have a working fluency in both written and spoken Spanish and English. Spanish Language Programs & Outreach Interns work closely with the Programs Director and On-site Programs Manager.
For more information, visit our website at http://826dc.org/get-involved/intern-826dc/
– Interns must be over the age of 18.
– Interns must be able to meet the minimum time commitment as specified by the job description specific to each internship.
– Interns must be able to pass a mandatory background check within 10-15 days of the commencement of the internship in order to provide direct service with students.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Comfortable working with diverse populations.
– Able to travel to and from the 826DC offices in Columbia Heights.
– Able to travel to other metro-accessible locations, as needed.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel).
– Editing/proofreading experience preferred.
– Experience with children between ages 6-18.
– Spanish language skills a HUGE plus.
– Design software skills, (especially Adobe Creative Suite), social media experience in a professional setting, and/or Salesforce or other database experience.