Boston Children's Hospital Instructional Design InternBoston Children's Hospital
Aquarium Education InternOdySea Aquarium
SAP FICO - Training and placement Session Starts On 12/17/2016TekTaurus Education
STEM and/or Education Major Intern!!! "Esteem Leader"Esteem Girls Inc.
Environmental Education Internship - Summer seasonGrowing Gardens
Environmental Education Internship - Spring seasonGrowing Gardens
Environmental Education Internship - Full seasonGrowing Gardens
Student Admissions OfficeInternational Language Institute (ILI)
GED Teacher InternBookmark This
1422 Grayson Street
San Antonio, TX
Posted: February 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSan Antonio Youth's mission is to develop the characters, strengths, talents, and skills of at-risk youth living low-income communities who have dropped out of school. We help provide free after school "out of school time" programs that engage students from elementary to middle school, in fun, safe experiences, and positive learning environments. We also provide free support for unemployed high school drop outs from low-income communities by registering them in our recovery programs that allow them to attain their GED or high school diploma while participating in workforce training and community service.
The GED teacher intern will work with the GED teacher on staff assisting with administering lessons and classroom support.
Responsibilities· Assist with Instructing GED classes for YouthBuild students daily.
· Ensures service levels and goals are achieved.
· esearches and implements best practices for GED instruction
· Assesses student learning using proven methods to include evaluation and surveys
· Works with team to schedule graduation ceremonies and celebrations as appropriate.
· Conducts GED testing and Assessments
· Sets up GED announcements and recognitions.
· Maintain a positive attitude and be a positive role model.
Requirements· Must be a current University or College student in good academic standing
· Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks as well as work under and meet deadlines.
· Self-motivated, resourceful and creative with problem solving.
· Experience working/Volunteering with nonprofit or children/youth.
· Experience tutoring/working in a classroom setting or pursuing a degree or career in education.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical equations and the ability to apply principles of logical thinking of a wide range of practical problems.
· Computer proficient and able to type at least 35 wpm.
· Must maintain driver’s license w/no major driving offenses and required certifications.
SkillsRequired - Academic Tutoring, Tutoring, Teaching/mentoring
Preferred - Bilingual-English/Spanish, Writing Skills, Communication Skills, Organization & prioritization skills, Planning & Organizing Skills, Bilingual Communications, Mathematics Education, Education, Teaching, Teaching Classes, Teaching Skills, Peer Mentoring, Teaching/mentoring, Secondary Education, Teaching Experience, Peer Tutoring, Peer Education