Education Intern (Unpaid)The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design
Museum Education Interns- HOUSING PROVIDEDSusan B Anthony Birthplace Museum
(((*FAST PACED - INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY* ))) - WIN - "Writing Is Necessary" Project AssistantNext Level Publishing
The Dr. Omar Simpson Internship ProgramOmar Simpson Foundation
(((*EXCITING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY* ))) - WIN - "Writing Is Necessary" Project AssistantNext Level Publishing
Woodworking/craft instructor for summerSummit Camp & Travel
Biology Tutors WantedMasterra
Economics Tutors WantedMasterra
Health EducatorBookmark This
New York City
New York, NY
Posted: October 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionActive Plus is an nonprofit organization founded by two former collegiate athletes that aims to inspire, motivate, and educate people of all ages. Our mission is to promote healthy lifestyle choices through increased physical activity, sports recreation, health education and preventive measures to better health.
Promotes health through nutrition by designing, implementing, and teaching nutrition techniques and programs.
Responsibilities• Teaches nutrition by developing, implementing, and marketing nutrition education services and programs to middle and high school students.
• Designs nutrition education services by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
• Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
• Encourages and maintains third-party reimbursements by using quality assurance results to substantiate the cost-effectiveness of nutrition education services and programs.
• Assist with and develop and implement up-to-date nutrition education curriculum.
• Develop, select, and make teaching aids and resource materials for classroom nutrition
education and other group nutrition education activities.
• Coordinate the distribution of educational resource materials.
• Serve as a community resource in the area of nutrition education to parents, students,
health service and other civic groups.
• Assist in the development, coordination and production of teaching materials.
• Conduct nutrition education classes at all levels for all schools.
• Contact school administrators and promote nutrition education classes. Develop
schedule of classes to conduct.
• Develop and conduct training courses for school teachers regarding nutrition education
and nutrition related topics.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of nutrition education programs based on educational
research findings using instruments and other techniques.
• Develop nutrition articles for the menu and Child Nutrition website.
• Involve and utilize community dietetic professionals in the promotion of nutrition and
conducting of classes in schools.
RequirementsMinimum Qualifications/Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Education or related field
Experience: Some experience in nutrition education/teaching in the classroom; some experience
in community nutrition, public health or food service operations for children.