Civic Works- AVID Tutor/Mentors (Paid Internship w/education award opportunity)Civic Works AVID
Educationtal InternshipAsian Eye Ltd
Education Research Intern/ FellowThomas B. Fordham Institute
Child Caregiver - InternYoung Inspirations Child Care Center
TutorThe Thaddeus Foundation
Education Program internship at Truman LibraryTruman Library
Part-time Assistant ManagerKumon of Houston Heights
High School Equivalency Teacher Assistant InternshipBookmark This
Mujeres Unidas Avanzando
54 Clayton Street
Posted: June 14 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
At Mujeres Unidas Avanzando (MUA), our mission is to help Latina women break the barriers that stand in their way of social and economic growth. Through our programs, MUA serves low-income female residents from Dorchester and Boston’s surrounding neighborhoods, the clear majority of whom are Latina, although anyone is welcome to take advantage of our programs and services. Our complete offering of classes range from English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes, to High School Equivalency preparation in Spanish, computer classes, as well as health workshops and focus groups. Our services also include counseling, basic needs referrals and assistance, family literacy, one-on-one tutoring provided by volunteers and pull-out sessions for struggling students in Pre-ESOL and ESOL. Finally, we offer onsite childcare for mothers with preschool aged children to participate in MUA’s program. Classes run from 9:30-2:30PM to enable mothers to attend our program. Of course, all our services are free.
We are seeking Teacher Assistant interns to jump on board with us on our High School Equivalency program! This program offers 5 levels to give students the chance to prepare for the Hi-SET (formerly GED) exam in Spanish. The exam covers reading, writing, mathematics, science and social studies.
If you are looking for a meaningful experience that will have a tremendous impact on both your future and your community’s, then MUA is the place for you! You will be joining a dedicated team whose mission is to make a change.
As these classes are conducted in Spanish, proficiency in the language is a huge plus!
Classes run 9:30AM-2:30PM Monday-Friday September-June and you are welcome during these hours for direct service and weekday afternoons to assist with curriculum development, lesson planning, and translation work.
- Obtain school credit for your rewarded work (if applicable)
- Enhance your resume with admirable and valuable volunteering experience
- Acquire hands-on experience developing and implementing lessons with certified teachers
- Enjoy a flexible schedule in a casual work environment
- Gain life-lasting teaching and technology skills to kick off your career
- Practice your Spanish in an authentic setting
- Easily access the office on the MBTA Red Line
- Participate in fun, special events, with free food and entertainment
- Make a true impact on hundreds of lives!
Here is how to be a part of our journey:
Contact Johannah Malone at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
- Develop and implement a pertinent and interesting curriculum
- Assist lead teacher in lesson delivery and presentation
- Prepare and organize different teaching aids for use in classroom
- Ensure the academic and social development of scholars throughout the course
- Support teachers to identify scholar needs and assist in the development of instructional plans
- Tutor students independently or in small groups
- Organize and assist in field trips and special events