Alternative Education InternshipUnwritten Roads
(SUMMER) Part-Time Curriculum / Test Prep Publishing Intern (PAID) - High School Students WelcomeSupertutor Media, Inc.
2017 Summer Art Camps InternshipsPlymouth Center for the Arts
Academic Content WriterAssignmentHelpNet
Swim InstructorCamp Emerson
Paid Sales & Marketing Internship PositionHameray Publishing Group
Online ESL TeachersTeach for the Future
Social-Emotional Learning Summer Intern (Paid)Rockbrook Camp for Girls
Homework Hotspot DirectorBookmark This
The Thaddeus Foundation
133 E Bonita Ave.
San Dimas, CA
Posted: May 25 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJob Description: The Director will work closely with staff to run a successful Homework Hotspot program, including the development of structured after school programs and lessons based on the interests and needs of students and parents.
• Match tutors with students
• Oversee the successful operations of programs and management of staff
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with staff, students, parents, and the community
• Manage program budget
• Work closely with staff and students to provide a fun, safe and supportive environment for learning outcomes
• Develop structured after school programs and lessons to provide practical life and job skills
• Receive direct supervision from the Hope That Helps Teen Center Director
• Participate in professional training offered to all employees
• Engage in employee events such as the company Christmas party, monthly staff luncheon, etc.
• Build resume and explore career options
• At least 3-5+ years of experience working with youth in after school programs, multicultural, and non-profit sectors
• Possess strong personal integrity and ethical principles
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, parents and youth
• Ability to develop, implement and supervise lesson plans for personal, social, and academic development
• Possess a positive outlook and the ability to motivate and encourage others
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and independently
• Possess strong organization, time management, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
• Full Time (M – F from 11pm – 7pm, and 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month from 10am – 3pm)
• Including supervising:
o Tutoring three days a week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
o Private tutoring 5 days a week