Rewrite A Curricvulum LessonEco Learning Legacies
Environmental Education Internship - Spring seasonGrowing Gardens
Marketing Intern - Content Writing & Video ProductionMompreneur Soul
Lesson PlannerThe Need2Read Program
(((*EXCITING INTERNSHIP* ))) - WIN - "Writing Is Necessary" Project AssistantNext Level Publishing
Kumon Learning Center AssistantKumon of Houston Heights
SAP HANA Training and Placement Starts on Jan 14th - TekTaurus EducationTekTaurus Education
Spring 2017 After School Program Instructional CoachBookmark This
Breakthrough Greater Boston
459 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02138 OR 9 Peacevale Rd, Dorchester, MA 02124
Posted: November 29 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 4 Part-time, Paid
Timeframe: 02/01/17 — 06/30/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBreakthrough Greater Boston (BTGB) is a successful college access and teacher training program. BTGB offers six years of academic enrichment and college preparation to middle school and high school students with high potential but limited opportunities. Simultaneously, BTGB recruits, trains, and inspires a diverse cohort of high achieving college students to become the next generation of urban teachers. Using a Students Teaching Students model, BTGB provides engaging, tuition-free academic programming during the summer and after school. Our students gain the skills and motivation to succeed in rigorous high school courses and, ultimately, in college. Meanwhile, our teachers gain hands-on experience, research-based training, and coaching from professional educators.
Over the past six years, 97% of our graduating students have matriculated to four-year colleges, and 82% of them have persisted through their undergraduate years. On average, more than 75% of our graduating teachers have gone on to pursue careers in education. After two decades of success at our original Cambridge site, BTGB embarked upon a significant program expansion and opened a second site in Dorchester in the summer of 2013.
BTGB’s Instructional Coaches are a team of seasoned teachers who train, mentor, and support our young teaching staff. Through regular observation and coaching, Instructional Coaches help our teachers learn to teach effectively, plan diligently, and become immersed in education.
The two Breakthrough Greater Boston sites are located at the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School (459 Broadway, Cambridge) and TechBoston Academy (9 Peacevale Road, Dorchester). BTGB is seeking Instructional Coaches for both sites. The Summer Program runs from mid-June to mid-August. The hours for this position are Monday-Thursday from 8:30 am to 2 pm with an additional 3-5 hours of take-home work each week.
The Instructional Coach is a paid position, commensurate with experience.
Please apply through the Breakthrough Collaborative platform at www.breakthroughcollaborative.org/coach and select “Breakthrough Greater Boston” as your first choice site. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis.
For more information, please visit www.breakthroughgreaterboston.org.
Candidates for employment and employees are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, citizenship, military status, gender identity, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Thank you for your interest in Breakthrough Greater Boston!
• Provide guidance and support for teachers in writing lesson plans, developing instructional techniques, and implementing classroom management plans
• Observe three or four teachers once a week and conduct follow up conferences to provide feedback
• Collect, evaluate, and provide feedback for teachers on daily lesson plans
• Facilitate a weekly extended professional development session for teachers
• Observe, evaluate, and provide feedback for teachers based on BTGB’s Teacher Excellence Rubric
• Write a summative evaluation for each teacher in your group to be completed by the final day of the Summer Program
• Provide advice and instruction for teachers on “hands-on” teaching techniques and resources
• At least two years of teaching experience (three or more years preferred)
• Teaching degree or certification strongly preferred
• Commitment to and passion for teaching
• Understanding of the social, emotional, and cognitive developmental level of middle school students
• Ability to work with students from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
• Ability to deliver positive, constructive, and honest feedback
• Outstanding presentation, writing, and organizational skills