Education Intern at the Children's Creativity MuseumChildren's Creativity Museum
Sr. Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor (Part-time, telecommute)Noah Education Fund
2017 Providence Summer Teaching FellowshipGeneration Teach Inc.
2017 Boston Summer Teaching FellowshipGeneration Teach Inc.
2017 Western MA Summer Teaching FellowshipGeneration Teach Inc.
Ropes Course InstructorSummit Camp & Travel
Education & Volunteer Programs InternshipCat Depot
Children and Parents Everywhere
Posted: April 22 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 15 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEarn professional teaching experience through a learning enrichment program developed by Children and Parents Everywhere, a nonprofit hiring interns to tutor and mentor public school students.
They will be adhering to a set of Learning Goals including, but not limited to:
- Stimulate interests and gain experience
- Develop professionally, and explore career possibilities
- Establish skills for any profession, such as preparing schedules, lesson plans, goals, and learning paths, and grading and evaluating progress
- Expand oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with and understanding people of diverse backgrounds
- Develop skills for leadership, observation, and self-discipline
ResponsibilitiesChildren and Parents Everywhere provides multiple services for public school systems, including but not limited to:
Weekly Tutoring Sessions
Standardized Testing Preparation (including A.C.T)
RequirementsThe specific requirements for interns include:
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Preferably education majors
- Any class levels
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office
Preferred - Nonprofits, Education, Academic Tutoring